• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

QNAP new QTS 4.0 OS?

Chocula1

Standard Member
I was looking into NAS products and stumbled upon QNAP products. I just notice they again released a new firmware. Looks like a complete redesign, and I am really excited about this since it looks great ! Anyone have any feedback or tried out the new software?

Some cool features I saw:

1. It looks like it can utilize Airplay directly from the NAS
2. Happy get to grab any video from web and store it to the NAS
3. Qsync for syncing data to multiple devices
4. Mobile apps?

Here is the link with more info QTS 4.0 :: QNAP
Also a preview of the new firmware: Meet the All New QTS 4.0 Operating System - YouTube

next010

Distinguished Member
It's only available for their very latest generation NAS at the moment the x20 and x21 series, there's a lot of grumbling in QNAP forums over that it's just a re-skin of the current v3 OS.

They certainly have taken a page or two from Synology, even the media apps are called Photo/Video Station!

Though everyone is moving away from the old-school UI's Netgear have their new Readynas 6 OS and Asustor (ex-Synology) also have a similar thing.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom