• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

QNAP NAS direct or from Amazon

dspit1664

Established Member
Hi,
right looking for, i.e. from my recent posts, QNAP 212 or 412. I have looked at forum, I have looked at usual suspects Amazon and Ebuyer and others.
What I am finding is it seems cheaper to buy direct. Am I missing something or are there subtle differences warranting me paying more money to buy from Amazon/etc./Forum ?

E.g. QNAP 412 from QNAP is £221.59 but cheapest I can find from Amazon or other is ~£270.

Note here I am aware that this is only for the chassis and no hdd's

Cheers :(

dspit1664

Established Member
Ok ok my dumb mistake for not getting a final total. A 412 is cheaper direct however when you add the tax/courier they quote is actually almost if not slightly more expensive :(

graham.myers

Distinguished Member
the only real difference between suppliers is the amount of support you get. Most box shifters like Amazon cannot help setting it up etc. You pay a bit more for the quality of the after sales support. Of course you have to make sure the people charging more can actually offer after sales support and just just overcharging :)

Lancia34

Distinguished Member
Most people i know (including myself) have bought from ExpertsinStorage. Decent prices on their QNAPs and they provide great support :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom