• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

QNAP and slim server

mahutchinson

Standard Member
I've been looking at a QNAP TS-110 for sometime - on the QNAP site mostly as unusually they are cheaper there than elsewhere and come with setup and competitive prices on hard disks as well. I just had a look again and noticed that in the list of software they can install for you the slim server (Squeezebox server) has been deleted. Any idea why this is and whether this means it's no longer supported ?

Laxman

Established Member
The SqueezeBox Server is still in the list of QPKG if you browse from your QNAP admin screen - I re-installed it last week (to upgrade to 7.5.1) and it all worked fine.

HTH

L

Laxman

Established Member
Hmm - wonder why it has been taken off here though ?

QNAP TS-110 - QNAP TS-110 - Single Drive QNAP - QNAP

Ahh...

"1 x QPKG Software Installation - SSOTS" is 'SlimServerOnTurboStation'... not obvious at all!

Once you've installed that you then need to download the SqueezeCentre software itself from Logitech and install it through SSOTS... These instructions helped me.

Edit: Probably should add that I did this on a 209 rather than your 110, but can't imagine it'd be very different.

Last edited:

mahutchinson

Standard Member
Ahh...

"1 x QPKG Software Installation - SSOTS" is 'SlimServerOnTurboStation'... not obvious at all!

Once you've installed that you then need to download the SqueezeCentre software itself from Logitech and install it through SSOTS... These instructions helped me.

Edit: Probably should add that I did this on a 209 rather than your 110, but can't imagine it'd be very different.

Not only is it not obvious what that is, it is not even called Slim Server anymore.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom