Qnap 119 questions

eviljohn2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all
I've just bought myself a Qnap 119 for central storage and backup facilities but have a few questions which hopefully someone can help with. I'm reasonably technical but not an expert when it comes to Linux and SSH.

1)
I need to backup the NAS data onto an external drive - but the drive already has data and a folder structure on it. If I were to backup the NAS onto it, would it put everything into a dedicated folder (ie. \public) ?

2)
I can't seem to get the email notification to work - I'm using relay.plus.net through port 25 and the appropriate usernames but the test emails won't send.

3)
Bittorrent downloads won't start but I don't want to forward hundreds of ports through my router or use UPNP.

I hope people can fill me in with some of this - question 1 is the most important for me! :)

But I'm still curious to find out if any USB backups will be dumped into their own folder on the external drive. :)

I have just done a recovery backup to my seagate external USB drive and it has put them in the same folders as they were on the qnap before accidently making it unusable.

I have a qnap 209pro and a mate has a 209proII and we were exchanging files and thought it would be quicker taking his drive and putting it in mine:oops: but when reinserting it into his it thought it was a new disk:facepalm:.

After surfing the net we found a disk image that allowed us to rebuild his files to my external drive.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom