QN95A home and apps menu keeps appearing when guide is closed

MikeDH

Novice Member
Hi,

I only use the "smart" features on my QN95A TV very rarely. Most of the time, pressing "guide" on the remote open the guide as expected, and when this is followed by a second press of "guide" the TV returns to displaying the selected channel. However, now and again, when the guide button is used to close the guide, the home menu pops up. It's then necessary to press "return" to close the menu.

Does anyone know why this happens - it seems quite random. Eventually it all reverts to the preferred behaviour where just pressing guide alternately opens and closes the guide. I have a feeling that its caused by a particular sequence of button presses, and certainly if the home button is accidentally pressed we will be treated to the home menu popping up on the second guide press until it eventually reverts the the preferred behaviour.

This happens without anyone having gone into the settings menu - it's either an odd bug or a wierd "feature" (which I'd rather not have!)

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom