QN95a 55” screen cutting out in games (ps5 and series x)

Has anyone experienced this?

I’ve had it several times, but only on Xbox SX. Is this likely connected to the dropouts, or is this most likely an Xbox issue?
I’ve not had this particular problem on any other sources other than Xbox. I have a feeling it might have happened once on my old tv, but might be mid remembering.

View attachment 1546208View attachment 1546209
I've never had that one, with the dropout it's completely black... that looks like another issue

I've never had that one, with the dropout it's completely black... that looks like another issue
Yeah I think it’s probably an Xbox problem then…so that will have to go back now. Modern technology ey! 😂

Yes, unfortunately my drop outs were just a black screen. Never had that on XSX since getting on release day and its used daily. Try the obvious before returning, cable, other tv/monitor if you can and try different resolutions and hz settings on the XBX, including disabling VRR. It might give you some steer on what the error is and if its TV or console.

If its any consolation in the past 2 months I've had to swap over 3 x 80"+ panels via a flight of stairs. As well as a washing machine, a fridge and a freezer!! I'll be honest the state of the high end TV's from both Samsung and LG have been embarrassingly bad considering the cost and lack of QC. The LG cost £6.5k!!! Its awful.

Yes, unfortunately my drop outs were just a black screen. Never had that on XSX since getting on release day and its used daily. Try the obvious before returning, cable, other tv/monitor if you can and try different resolutions and hz settings on the XBX, including disabling VRR. It might give you some steer on what the error is and if its TV or console.

If its any consolation in the past 2 months I've had to swap over 3 x 80"+ panels via a flight of stairs. As well as a washing machine, a fridge and a freezer!! I'll be honest the state of the high end TV's from both Samsung and LG have been embarrassingly bad considering the cost and lack of QC. The LG cost £6.5k!!! Its awful.
Which LG model tv mate? What’s wrong with that? Just out of interest

Which LG model tv mate? What’s wrong with that? Just out of interest
LG 83" C1. Since my 2019 OLED where by you might have a concern around banding in dark areas. On the more recent ones you now also get the chance of having uniformity issues with bright white HDR (like skies for example). And apparently quite common, particularly with the 83". In my case I have a big thick vertical band just off center, which you can see when panning the camera in bright HDR. Quite a few Sony 83" buyers have similar too.

Hence why I wouldn't mind returning to plan A, which was QLED. But after experiencing the audio drop outs (every hour or so, even via optical and switching off eARC), together with the fact Samsung haven't offered any firmware updates for the UK models since May. I'm struggling to justify going back down that route, though could try a QN94A 85" and see if cutting out the OCB improves reliability. But hey, if it all gets fixed with a firmware update, do please let me know.

Good luck with the XSX. :)

Has anyone experienced this?

I’ve had it several times, but only on Xbox SX. Is this likely connected to the dropouts, or is this most likely an Xbox issue?
I’ve not had this particular problem on any other sources other than Xbox. I have a feeling it might have happened once on my old tv, but might be mid remembering.

View attachment 1546208View attachment 1546209
Had this on PS5 but not since the 1506 firmware, wouldn't surprise me to have it again, I have a QN95A 55", mine was green though!

Update from my side. Engineer has just been and replaced the main board in the OCB, nothing new there from what other people have seen.

However, one interesting thing that he did note while he pulled up the diagnostics was that while the HDMI ports were reporting no faults the Bluetooth module was reporting 18 faults. Now since its been 12 days since I last did a factory reset he said that could actually be the culprit as failure of the Bluetooth/WiFi module can present failures in other/random areas. This also tracks with the number of dropouts I've had over that same period.

What makes this interesting is the Bluetooth/WiFi module is part of it IR module/wiring harness which obviously interacts with power on/off.

If the mainboard replacement doesn't work and I get a drop out they're going to come back and replace the whole IR module.

Well, as expected replacing the mainboard in the OCB hasn't fixed the issue.

Just on with support again now to arrange another engineer appointment to hopefully investigate the Bluetooth/WiFi/IR receiver angle.

Well, as expected replacing the mainboard in the OCB hasn't fixed the issue.

Just on with support again now to arrange another engineer appointment to hopefully investigate the Bluetooth/WiFi/IR receiver angle.
Blimey. Keep us all posted mate

I am from Singapore. Just took delivery of my QN90A Neo Qled 75 inch. They came and had it wall mounted to take the spot of my 10-year old Samsung 55 inch LED TV. Before they came, I had all my hdmi cable points (also 10 years old) replaced with brand new hdmi 2.1 cables - locally purchased and work done by a contractor that usually do such work for the local Telcos.

I have:
A. PS5 and PS3 running into a hdmi faceplate (Legrand - also hdmi 2.1 certified) that connects direct to the QN90A.
B. PS4 and Xbox running into hdmi faceplate that connects to a 10-year old Yamaha sound bar that then connects to QN90A.

PS3 and Xbox are running fine. PS5 and PS4 giving this same split moment black screen dropout with the QN90A. I been able to confirm that PS5 is doing 4K with HDR with the QN90A.

I been thinking how to do the troubleshooting. Really glad to find this forum and this thread.

I have found this other thread below that seems to say swopping the cable resolved the issue:

... but after reading the posts on this thread, I am now not convinced.

I am having the cable contractor and Samsung in tomorrow morning. Have a couple of things I am going to try. Will keep posting how it goes.

How is yours going? Still drop out free since the new wires? :)
Sorry to say Im returning after 2 days , the dse was something else on my panel.
Didn't have any drop outs , but the football last night was unacceptable. Ordered the Sony.
Good.luck ,hope you all get sorted with your issues.

Which Sony did you go for swordfish? I’ve just bought the q95a and I’m sick of the pic/sound drop outs already on my PS5. I’ve just replaced the hdmi to an expensive one and I’m sure that I am going to jinx it by saying that I’m half an hour in and no drop outs (normally have one by now).

Which Sony did you go for swordfish? I’ve just bought the q95a and I’m sick of the pic/sound drop outs already on my PS5. I’ve just replaced the hdmi to an expensive one and I’m sure that I am going to jinx it by saying that I’m half an hour in and no drop outs (normally have one by now).
Ps what was wrong with the footy - ghosting? If so I find that it’s the broadcaster that’s the issue and what they transmit in I.e sky is awful where as Amazon footy when it’s on looks stunning

I bought the Sony xr85x95ju.
Had a price drop and comes with £100 of playstation vouchers to redeem.
Been gaming all day and it's been great ( better than my q90r that disabled local dimming on game mode)
I'm sure the q95a is awesome if you can get a clean panel with no issues, that was my 1st choice of what was available to me , but I don't handle problems with my kit very well , so I wasn't messing around swapping 3,4 tvs hoping to find the holy grail.
As for the football, I stream all my football on sky go via ps5 or series x , wasn't a broadcast issue as I watched the 2nd half on my tv upstairs (xf900) .
Hope you find a compromise to your problem with your own set mate .

I bought the Sony xr85x95ju.
Had a price drop and comes with £100 of playstation vouchers to redeem.
Been gaming all day and it's been great ( better than my q90r that disabled local dimming on game mode)
I'm sure the q95a is awesome if you can get a clean panel with no issues, that was my 1st choice of what was available to me , but I don't handle problems with my kit very well , so I wasn't messing around swapping 3,4 tvs hoping to find the holy grail.
As for the football, I stream all my football on sky go via ps5 or series x , wasn't a broadcast issue as I watched the 2nd half on my tv upstairs (xf900) .
Hope you find a compromise to your problem with your own set mate .
Cheers Noddy
I just want to get what I have paid an awful lot of £ for. The interesting thing is that the 94a doesn’t appear to have any issues whereby the 95 does so surely a one box issue. Praying that I have resolved it and/or Samsung accept that there an issue and release a firmware update.
Just wish that Samsung would accept that there’s an issue, investigate and be open and honest with people and a solution.

Cheers Noddy
I just want to get what I have paid an awful lot of £ for. The interesting thing is that the 94a doesn’t appear to have any issues whereby the 95 does so surely a one box issue. Praying that I have resolved it and/or Samsung accept that there an issue and release a firmware update.
Just wish that Samsung would accept that there’s an issue, investigate and be open and honest with people and a solution.
Agreed fella, I was probably unlucky with my dirty screen, but I wasn't prepared to be stressing myself out with replacements after following this forum for some time.
My new TV works with no problems ,clean screen and gaming is a great. I'm not putting the q95a down in any way , it was my 1st choice led tv , but I think samsung have dropped the ball with quality control and this forum coupled with my own TV seems to back this up.

Had my first few drop outs - both XBOX X and PS5. Frustrating. Had the tv a few months now and it's only just started to happen.

I also noticed when playing Forza 4 a purple horizontal band appearing intermittently along the bottom of the screen. I have never seen it on any other game but now I have seen it I cant un see it.

Anyone found any fix for this as yet? I’ve heard about Hdmi updates working, but I’ve got no idea how that’s done - Samsung were clueless every time it’s been presented to them too.

I’ve done all the FW updates, including the most recent (1808 I believe) - but no joy.

Currently, im just thinking I’ll buy one of the new ones next year and hope for the best, but that seems a ridiculous position. Would kind of just like this one to work.

Mine appears to be fixed after upgrading my hdmi and the engineer upgrading my hdmi software on the tv as part of their software bulletin (please see my previous post).

A new firmware is due so that it will update everyone’s, however there is no release date as yet and therefore the engineer can do it via a usb file download.

The new firmware (1808) does not fix anything, now I can't get sound when I turn on the TV, when I get sound again, if switch to another sound source I get sound drops again, its very annoying for a high end TV and I can't understand how they don't release a fix.

I didn’t realise that they had release the firmware publicly with the so called fox but just seen it now.

What a nightmare!

Anybody else experiencing the same?

Use this email address (head office complaints team). They reply very quickly and have a direct link to the av team leads.

[email protected]

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom