QN95a 55” screen cutting out in games (ps5 and series x)

D
Hello, I’m going to answer in English.
First of all the problem only happened with HDMI inputs as both internal apps and tuner never had drops. I’ve changed my cables with shorter and better quality Ultra High Speed ones and taking care to not bend or be near power cables or power supplies and never had a single dropout since.
For example the cable supplied with Xbox series X is classified as Ultra High Speed but it’s much thinner and as I uncoiled / coiled it near power cables for example I was able to trigger the drops.
Now my conclusion is as all 4 HDMI ports are 2.1 (QN90A only has 1) the QN95A uses a HDMI chipset more sensitive to cable noise / EM interference or ground loops.
Maybe it’s a hardware fault or perhaps a software fixable parameter but improving HDMI connections with better cables / routing in my case fixed the drops.
It’s a magnificent TV and I’m really happy with it.

Kind regards
Do you mind if I ask what cables exactly? I’ll buy some tonight :)

Hello, I’m going to answer in English.
First of all the problem only happened with HDMI inputs as both internal apps and tuner never had drops. I’ve changed my cables with shorter and better quality Ultra High Speed ones and taking care to not bend or be near power cables or power supplies and never had a single dropout since.
For example the cable supplied with Xbox series X is classified as Ultra High Speed but it’s much thinner and as I uncoiled / coiled it near power cables for example I was able to trigger the drops.
Now my conclusion is as all 4 HDMI ports are 2.1 (QN90A only has 1) the QN95A uses a HDMI chipset more sensitive to cable noise / EM interference or ground loops.
Maybe it’s a hardware fault or perhaps a software fixable parameter but improving HDMI connections with better cables / routing in my case fixed the drops.
It’s a magnificent TV and I’m really happy with it.

Kind regards
Obrigado , bom saber isso se por acaso voltares a ter as tais falhas / quebras avisa.
Ah obrigado pela resposta.

Good morning,
Yesterday I had the new Apple TV 4K (connected to OCB port 2) playing Netflix in 4K HDR and Dolby Atmos via eARC to a Denon X1600H for multiple hours and didn’t had a single drop in both audio and video.
Interesting as ATV outputs atmos via LPCM MAT and QN95A passes it well to the receiver. My Q95T won’t do that as it doesn’t pass multi LPCM.

After the latest update there was a slight saturation in colours in SDR content and had to decrease it from default 25 to 20.

Happy with it and definitely a upgrade from Q95T.

Kind regards

Good morning,
Yesterday I had the new Apple TV 4K (connected to OCB port 2) playing Netflix in 4K HDR and Dolby Atmos via eARC to a Denon X1600H for multiple hours and didn’t had a single drop in both audio and video.
Interesting as ATV outputs atmos via LPCM MAT and QN95A passes it well to the receiver. My Q95T won’t do that as it doesn’t pass multi LPCM.

After the latest update there was a slight saturation in colours in SDR content and had to decrease it from default 25 to 20.

Happy with it and definitely a upgrade from Q95T.

Kind regards
Hey Andre,

just wondering how it’s going since the new cables? I got some today and so far so good

I have had 0 drops on hdmi with series x on qn95a after 10 days now. It is used 8+ hours each day. Not using series x default cable, another more high end shielded cable though

Hello :)
It’s going 100% without drops so far. I’m working from home and for the last days I’ve been listening several hours per day to Apple Music on Apple TV on HDMI 2 through eARC to Denon X1600H on HDMI 3 and never had a drop with the new cables. This week I’ve only used the Xbox SX for a couple of hours and hadn’t any drops also.

Let’s see with the weather warming up how it’ll go.

kind regards!

Spoke too soon, drops are back.

the cables I bought are shielded, very high quality ones - £90 for two cables.
I’m at a total loss now :(

Sorry to hear that. In which ports and what devices you have connected?
In my setup I have:

HDMI 1 -> Xbox
HDMI 2 -> Apple TV
HDMI 3 -> Denon x1600h (eARC) -> Nvidia Shield and Vodafone TV
HDMI 4 -> FireStick 4K

Optical -> Samsung Q60T soundbar (gift from Samsung)

USB 1A -> FireStick power supply
USB 500mA -> Cabinet Dual Fan

Since rearranging everything in my cabinet to improve cooling and also new cables and minimal coiling it have been drop free for 1 week

Kind regards

I have had 0 drops on hdmi with series x on qn95a after 10 days now. It is used 8+ hours each day. Not using series x default cable, another more high end shielded cable
I’ve been moving the hdmi inputs around a lot. I’ve got XSX and ps5 (also the same soundbar as you via optical) - hdmi ports 1,2,3 all suffer dropouts - weirdly, 4 seems totally unaffected.

so currently ps5 on that port as I use it the most.

im having a new motherboard put in both the OCB and the panel this week, which I’m not too happy about (opening up a new, expensive tv).

I just seem to have tried everything and it’s desperation now

Still have not had this issue… saw some suggestions it could have to do with power problems - like using a splitter and not connecting directly in the outlet?

i am using a splitter though…

Still have not had this issue… saw some suggestions it could have to do with power problems - like using a splitter and not connecting directly in the outlet?

i am using a splitter though…
It’s definitely not power related, as when it blacks out, if you press the home menu, it pops up, so the screen / tv is on, it’s just losing connection to the hdmi source

I dont mean it loses power completely

it reacts to a minimal power surge/drop from the outlet (something the power supply normally regulates in all electronics). This could explain the difference between people?

I dont mean it loses power completely

it reacts to a minimal power surge/drop from the outlet (something the power supply normally regulates in all electronics). This could explain the difference between people?
Gotcha. I’m not sure, as you say, if yours is fine with a splitter, that might disprove it?
Another suggestion is that some foam in the hdmi housing is causing a disturbance

Gotcha. I’m not sure, as you say, if yours is fine with a splitter, that might disprove it?
Another suggestion is that some foam in the hdmi housing is causing a disturbance
we have all different ”quality” in our electricaö wiring in our houses for example. I live in a newfly built house with new wiring. Maybe the power supply in the samsung oneconnect box is sensitive to minor fluctualtions

i really just am trying to guess what might differ from on person to another and why samsung would not notice this themselves in lab environments

Samsung have now deleted all threads on their website forum about this issue - having previously marked them as ‘solved’.

this is seriously sketchy stuff.

mice now been told they can not do a repair and are not doing replacements. But have offered a refund.

utterly abysmal service.

Weird stuff - but it CANT affect everyone otherwise it would be a way bigger ”storm”
about this

for example i would never have known this issues existed if i didnt find this thread - not a single drops after several weeks with a series x

makes me think it must be the user environment somehow (local disturbance or something)?

Just a nudge on this to see if anyone has had any joy? 4 replacement units and 4 months of troubleshooting and still no joy.

I love everything about this TV, but this is driving me mad now.

Any tips?

Just a nudge on this to see if anyone has had any joy? 4 replacement units and 4 months of troubleshooting and still no joy.

I love everything about this TV, but this is driving me mad now.

Any tips?
Since my last post here I haven’t had a single dropout. Maybe some OCBs are more prone to it than others.

Same, changed the hdmi cable and no issues for a while now. A is working perfectly and with earc!

That’s amazing! I’m really struggling with it. I had a couple of weeks dropout free from changing wires. Then they’re back

I had this yesterday with the Sky Q box sitting on top of the One-Connect box.
Wondered if heat was an issue. Swapped them to try to keep the One Connect box cooler and no issues since.

I had the same issues last year with the Q90R and making sure I used decent HDMI cables fixed that.

I had another issue recently where it kept saying something about atmos enabled device needs to be attached to an EARC HDMI input where my AVR WAS connected.

THAT was fixed by replacing the HDMI cable going from the PS4 into HDMI socket 2. I could repeat the issue at will, plug PS4 into HDMI2, and it immediately complained about the AVR in HDMI3 which then stopped working and auto-turning off.

So it seems that poor HDMI cables can cause issues for the other HDMI ports, not just the one they are plugged into!

Might be worth considering

The trouble is that whilst good cabling and and having them certified is obviously good advice. My drop issues simply dont/didnt happen on any other TV with the same cables. At the moment my TV (soon to be returned 83" C1) has no audio or visual drop outs at all at 120hz VRR HDR i.e when bandwith is being fully utilised. Where as my Q95NA did. Also my QN95A had the same audio drop outs even when using optical. And my type of issue with the QN95A has had many similar reports.

I also have to say, if the OCB is being temperamental by simply having another unit sat on top, it doesn't exactly endear me to the robustness of the OCB. I might consider just going with a QN94A and avoiding the OCB all together. I only really need one HDMI2.1 anyway.

I'm looking forward to seeing if it all gets resolved via firmware update. Because I would then consider buying again.

Has anyone experienced this?

I’ve had it several times, but only on Xbox SX. Is this likely connected to the dropouts, or is this most likely an Xbox issue?
I’ve not had this particular problem on any other sources other than Xbox. I have a feeling it might have happened once on my old tv, but might be mid remembering.

FA83C0F4-F0DA-4887-A1C3-2D4052670E02.jpeg
3CAC4C26-0A78-4083-BB97-24513D279BF0.jpeg

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom