QN95a 55” screen cutting out in games (ps5 and series x)

The switch only outputs in multichannel LPCM so that’s why there are issues whereas changing the PS5 to Dolby technically isn’t as good as LPCM but at least you have the option.
I tried each setting but DOLBY sounds better for some reason. It's louder and clearer plus I've had zero issues so far.

Whereas before my TV and soundbar were going nuts causing drop outs all over the place.

I might switch it to pcm tomorrow and see what happens.

I tried each setting but DOLBY sounds better for some reason. It's louder and clearer plus I've had zero issues so far.

Whereas before my TV and soundbar were going nuts causing drop outs all over the place.

I might switch it to pcm tomorrow and see what happens.
I have a feeling the drop outs are because of the LPCM, Samsung’s don’t seem to handle it well.

I have a feeling the drop outs are because of the LPCM, Samsung’s don’t seem to handle it well.
Ah in that case seems like the fix is simple then 😅

Might leave it alone cos I'm happy with being able to get eARC working and it all sounds superb.

Dragon Ball Super on blu ray looks and sounds epic so 😅😁

Ah in that case seems like the fix is simple then 😅

Might leave it alone cos I'm happy with being able to get eARC working and it all sounds superb.

Dragon Ball Super on blu ray looks and sounds epic so 😅😁
It’s great if you can select Dolby like on the PS5 but things like the Nintendo Switch and Apple TV 4K only use LPCM (unless you sacrifice Atmos on the latter) so it would be nice if Samsung sorted it.

So, I just thought I’d chime in to see if anyone has had any joy with regards to a solution for this?

on the Samsung forums, there are about a hundred people, all complaining of this issue and almost nobody has come forward to say they have the tv without the issue.

many people have had either multiple replacements or technicians coming and replacing main boards and one connect boxes - nothing seems to fix this problem.

with that said, giving that replacing main boards, OCB’s and entire units are not fixing it - can this be a relative certainty that it’s software?

If so, is it likely it’ll be fixed with an update?

move had this tv over a month and the whole time has been spend replacing and troubleshooting and I’m getting a bit fed up

such a shame, as it’s a wonderful tv. I’m clinging on to the hope that it’ll get fixed with an update

Just an update, had the pcb board on one connect and it's cable replaced. No change.

Spoke to a technical manager who thankfully actually understood the issues quite well and took note of everything.

I've advised that it's clearly a software handshake issue so he will pass it onto Samsung Head Office for further investigation and will come back to me by Friday.

Hello.

I own a QE55QN95A since beginning of April and was also experiencing HDMI 2/3 second drops in both image and sound.

Tried a lot of things and even Samsung support was unable to fix as they only did a EDID refresh remotly.

Yesterday I tried a full reset and after a couple of hours it started happening again.
The dropouts were happening at the same time that the menus and OS was sluggish. It really seemed that it's something using a lot of resources like CPU and RAM.

I've checked my Asus router and realised that in spite of me not using any app directly on TV (I have a Shield TV) it's constantly doing requests to netflix / amazon / samsung websites.
I've disabled the internet connection by disabling wifi on menu and for the past 24H not even 1 dropout has happened.

So, it's definetly a software issue and resource usage caused and made worse by connectivity checks.
Please try the same on your sets and share if the workaround works.
The bad side is that for people using internal apps it's not a usable solution.

Registered in avforums to share this and to start participating in this excellent comunity. I have also a 55Q95T in bedroom.

My HDMI devices are the following and all were experiencing drops:
HDMI 1 -> FireTV 4K stick
HDMI 2 -> Vodafone TV 4K Box
HDMI 3 -> Denon X1600H -> Shield TV 4K and PS4 Pro
HDMI 4 -> Xbox series X

Kind regards to all!

Hello.

I own a QE55QN95A since beginning of April and was also experiencing HDMI 2/3 second drops in both image and sound.

Tried a lot of things and even Samsung support was unable to fix as they only did a EDID refresh remotly.

Yesterday I tried a full reset and after a couple of hours it started happening again.
The dropouts were happening at the same time that the menus and OS was sluggish. It really seemed that it's something using a lot of resources like CPU and RAM.

I've checked my Asus router and realised that in spite of me not using any app directly on TV (I have a Shield TV) it's constantly doing requests to netflix / amazon / samsung websites.
I've disabled the internet connection by disabling wifi on menu and for the past 24H not even 1 dropout has happened.

So, it's definetly a software issue and resource usage caused and made worse by connectivity checks.
Please try the same on your sets and share if the workaround works.
The bad side is that for people using internal apps it's not a usable solution.

Registered in avforums to share this and to start participating in this excellent comunity. I have also a 55Q95T in bedroom.

My HDMI devices are the following and all were experiencing drops:
HDMI 1 -> FireTV 4K stick
HDMI 2 -> Vodafone TV 4K Box
HDMI 3 -> Denon X1600H -> Shield TV 4K and PS4 Pro
HDMI 4 -> Xbox series X

Kind regards to all!
This is very interesting! Are you having drop outs on all 4 ports? My port 4 seems fine :/

This is very interesting! Are you having drop outs on all 4 ports? My port 4 seems fine :/
Yes, on all 4 ports.

One quick test to force a dropout is while being on a hdmi input go check for firmware updates. It should provoke one.

But Samsung should address this and as v1057 firmware is now older than a month I hope there’s a new one close.

Yes, on all 4 ports.

One quick test to force a dropout is while being on a hdmi input go check for firmware updates. It should provoke one.

But Samsung should address this and as v1057 firmware is now older than a month I hope there’s a new one close.
I’m near-certain it’s a software thing too, only my hdmi 4 hasn’t ever had a drop out - I’ve had the tv nearly 2 months and I’ve had about 2 weeks of heavy use on hdmi 4 - maybe 100 hours - no dropouts.

1,2,3 ports all suffer dropouts

Just an update, had the pcb board on one connect and it's cable replaced. No change.

Spoke to a technical manager who thankfully actually understood the issues quite well and took note of everything.

I've advised that it's clearly a software handshake issue so he will pass it onto Samsung Head Office for further investigation and will come back to me by Friday.
Did they get back to you on Friday?

ive had them promise to call me about 10 times and I have never had a call back. The latest one is by the end of today

Let us know :)
Nope. If anything, slightly worse.

mum getting totally sick of it now. I have to say, Samsung’s support has been appalling. Every phone call (got to be about 100) they’ve passed off the fault onto the devices and cables, even though they work on any other tv. They simply will not accent that it’s the TV.

I’m not really sure where I’m left. Other than with a tv that costs £2200 and doesn’t work.

I'm assuming this issue is only to do with the one connect box? So if I went for the QN94A, I'd bypass these issues? (I appreciate it only has one full fledged hdmi 21. port)

Hello! Dropouts still present here also.
But I’m exploring a new theory as yesterday I moved my OCB to another place and while I was reconnecting HDMI cables I caught a very faint static discharge.
I had the OCB near my Denon and the cables were poorly arranged.
So far so good.
Maybe as all 4 HDMI are 2.1 they are more sensitive to EM noise / bad ground.
If that manages to be true then Samsung is right about the problem being the devices / cables.
As of now, after rearranging my devices and cables I’m almost on 20H without drops.

Hope that’s it!

Kind regards

Hello.
Almost 24H more without drops.
I made an experience by coiling up the Xbox series x cable connected to hdmi 4 and it started dropping picture and sound in 4K HDR VRR.
Uncoiled it and it stopped dropping.
So, I’m leaning towards the HDMI ports on the OCB being very sensitive to cable quality and arrangement.
As heat also worsens noise on connections as the OCB heats up it gets worse and more prone to drops.
Based on my tests this is just my findings so far.

Regards

Hello.
I made an experience by coiling up the Xbox series x cable connected to hdmi 4 and it started dropping picture and sound in 4K HDR VRR.
So, I’m leaning towards the HDMI ports on the OCB being very sensitive to cable quality and arrangement.
As heat also worsens noise on connections as the OCB heats up it gets worse and more prone to drops.

Regar

Hmm interesting. I've moved my cables into Hdmi 3 (XSX) and Hdmi 4 (PS5) and have had 0 dropouts in about 3 weeks on HDMI 4 and a small handful on HDMI 4. I'm wondering if I just accept this as 'as good as its going to get', but do feel short-changed that I only have two HDMI ports that are acceptable.

I have honestly called Samsung about 100 times and nothing gets done at all.

I have been following this forum (its German, but you can use the translator on your browser) and apparently the solution has been found and samsung are doing repairs, but they won't say what it is.

It all just seems very shady on Samsung's part. They have marked the thread as 'solved', having not actually presented a solution.

I'm really not sure if I should fight on or just accept that the tv has drop outs.

I've not really looked into this but I've not really had any dropouts on my QN95 - though my only external device my Series X, I'm still skimming the post(s) so maybe my questions are irrelevant but I'm playing catch up so apologies if it's been asked/checked already.

Are people experiencing drops on a Series X using the HDMI Cable that came with their Xbox Series X & is it directly attached to the or is there a receiver in the middle?

And are people who claim it's happening on Sky STB's etc is there a receiver in the middle?

from my personal experiences - when dealing with more demanding signals (8K/4K/120hz etc) the specification of the cable & length of cable definitely comes into play as does the receiver if isn't capable of the same specification, you get a lot of intermittent issues.

Last edited:
I've not really looked into this but I've not really had any dropouts on my QN95 - though my only external device my Series X, I'm still skimming the post(s) so maybe my questions are irrelevant but I'm playing catch up so apologies if it's been asked/checked already.

Are people experiencing drops on a Series X using the HDMI Cable that came with their Xbox Series X & is it directly attached to the or is there a receiver in the middle?

And are people who claim it's happening on Sky STB's etc is there a receiver in the middle?

from my personal experiences - when dealing with more demanding signals (8K/4K/120hz etc) the specification of the cable & length of cable definitely comes into play as does the receiver if isn't capable of the same specification, you get a lot of intermittent issues.
None at all?! That’s rare, some people have them more infrequently than others but it seems to effect most units.

move got my series x connected directly, with the included cable and tend to get a drop out most gaming sessions

None at all?! That’s rare, some people have them more infrequently than others but it seems to effect most units.

move got my series x connected directly, with the included cable and tend to get a drop out most gaming sessions

I'm a heavy user of the TV in general & have gone through an unhealthy minecraft addiction where I was playing for like 8+ hours etc, generally doing 3-10hrs on the Xbox Input each day doing one thing or another & not had so much as a screen flicker, using HDMI 1 - although a couple of days ago I was playing Snowrunner and during a tense moment the screen went black & the TV said no input... which was odd, but I unplug the HDMI cable and plug it back in which fixed it but was a pain in the arse, but that was the one and only time I've had any issue like that and I've put it down to a one off gremlin.

Other than that all my issues so far:

#1 I've also had one instance where turning it on in the morning I noticed the backlight just flickered, no matter the input - it was as if it was refreshing too slowly so I held the power button on the remote for 10 sec (til NEO QLED appeared on screen) which cleared the issue both times.

#2 quite often when going from Xbox 120hz/gaming signal to a built-in App such as Youtube and the UI both in app and settings menus etc & appear as if Sharpening has been turned up to a thousand and I have to swap to a 'normal' TV Input, then back to the app and it clears it.

#3 Using wired connection I get a "Network Disconnected" followed by "Network Connected" a moment later, happened once or twice a day it also happened on my previous faulty unit & seems like it's been mentioned online a few times elsewhere, so I'm hoping this latest update (just downloaded) fixes that - but I resolved it by going wireless anyway.

just recently got the 65” qn95a and been using it mostly with xbox series x… the tv has warned about hdmi cable upon starting up the xbox a couple of times (resumed a 120hz vrr game for example) but it did not black out and just continued working after.. using hdmi1 and tried two cables which should both be ”good enough”.. one time i had to unplug the hdmi upon starting ”cold” - didnt detect xbox.. replugging the xbox only detected 1080p max res, rebooted xbox and all was fine…

anyone experience this? Seems like software issues (hdmi handshaking to be exact..)?? I cant find the latest firmware in sweden yet btw

Hello.

Regards
Olá André, estava a pensar comprar está TV para o escritório apenas para gaming ( ps5 / PC 3080 ) , mas após ver esta situação estou em dúvida , referiste que com os cabos desenrolados não tens quebras / falhas era esse o problema contínuas sem falhas desde que desenrolaste os cabos?? Penso que o problema será mesmo a box pois em relação a qn90A não existe relato desta situação.
Pois se puderes dar feedback em relação a está situação e se o facto de os cabos estarem desenrolados resolveu a situação??
Grande abraço

Hello, I’m going to answer in English.
First of all the problem only happened with HDMI inputs as both internal apps and tuner never had drops. I’ve changed my cables with shorter and better quality Ultra High Speed ones and taking care to not bend or be near power cables or power supplies and never had a single dropout since.
For example the cable supplied with Xbox series X is classified as Ultra High Speed but it’s much thinner and as I uncoiled / coiled it near power cables for example I was able to trigger the drops.
Now my conclusion is as all 4 HDMI ports are 2.1 (QN90A only has 1) the QN95A uses a HDMI chipset more sensitive to cable noise / EM interference or ground loops.
Maybe it’s a hardware fault or perhaps a software fixable parameter but improving HDMI connections with better cables / routing in my case fixed the drops.
It’s a magnificent TV and I’m really happy with it.

Kind regards

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom