QN95a 55” screen cutting out in games (ps5 and series x)

Obi56

Novice Member
Has anyone experienced this?

I’ve had it several times, but only on Xbox SX. Is this likely connected to the dropouts, or is this most likely an Xbox issue?
I’ve not had this particular problem on any other sources other than Xbox. I have a feeling it might have happened once on my old tv, but might be mid remembering.

View attachment 1546208View attachment 1546209
I've never had that one, with the dropout it's completely black... that looks like another issue

King Dazzar

Yes, unfortunately my drop outs were just a black screen. Never had that on XSX since getting on release day and its used daily. Try the obvious before returning, cable, other tv/monitor if you can and try different resolutions and hz settings on the XBX, including disabling VRR. It might give you some steer on what the error is and if its TV or console.

If its any consolation in the past 2 months I've had to swap over 3 x 80"+ panels via a flight of stairs. As well as a washing machine, a fridge and a freezer!! I'll be honest the state of the high end TV's from both Samsung and LG have been embarrassingly bad considering the cost and lack of QC. The LG cost £6.5k!!! Its awful.

swordfish100

Yes, unfortunately my drop outs were just a black screen. Never had that on XSX since getting on release day and its used daily. Try the obvious before returning, cable, other tv/monitor if you can and try different resolutions and hz settings on the XBX, including disabling VRR. It might give you some steer on what the error is and if its TV or console.

If its any consolation in the past 2 months I've had to swap over 3 x 80"+ panels via a flight of stairs. As well as a washing machine, a fridge and a freezer!! I'll be honest the state of the high end TV's from both Samsung and LG have been embarrassingly bad considering the cost and lack of QC. The LG cost £6.5k!!! Its awful.
Which LG model tv mate? What’s wrong with that? Just out of interest

King Dazzar

Which LG model tv mate? What’s wrong with that? Just out of interest
LG 83" C1. Since my 2019 OLED where by you might have a concern around banding in dark areas. On the more recent ones you now also get the chance of having uniformity issues with bright white HDR (like skies for example). And apparently quite common, particularly with the 83". In my case I have a big thick vertical band just off center, which you can see when panning the camera in bright HDR. Quite a few Sony 83" buyers have similar too.

Hence why I wouldn't mind returning to plan A, which was QLED. But after experiencing the audio drop outs (every hour or so, even via optical and switching off eARC), together with the fact Samsung haven't offered any firmware updates for the UK models since May. I'm struggling to justify going back down that route, though could try a QN94A 85" and see if cutting out the OCB improves reliability. But hey, if it all gets fixed with a firmware update, do please let me know.

Good luck with the XSX. :)

Has anyone experienced this?

I’ve had it several times, but only on Xbox SX. Is this likely connected to the dropouts, or is this most likely an Xbox issue?
I’ve not had this particular problem on any other sources other than Xbox. I have a feeling it might have happened once on my old tv, but might be mid remembering.

View attachment 1546208View attachment 1546209
Had this on PS5 but not since the 1506 firmware, wouldn't surprise me to have it again, I have a QN95A 55", mine was green though!

Obi56

Novice Member
Update from my side. Engineer has just been and replaced the main board in the OCB, nothing new there from what other people have seen.

However, one interesting thing that he did note while he pulled up the diagnostics was that while the HDMI ports were reporting no faults the Bluetooth module was reporting 18 faults. Now since its been 12 days since I last did a factory reset he said that could actually be the culprit as failure of the Bluetooth/WiFi module can present failures in other/random areas. This also tracks with the number of dropouts I've had over that same period.

What makes this interesting is the Bluetooth/WiFi module is part of it IR module/wiring harness which obviously interacts with power on/off.

If the mainboard replacement doesn't work and I get a drop out they're going to come back and replace the whole IR module.

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom