QN90 (UK) Not What I Expected

drpope

Novice Member
Had my Samsung 65” QN90 (uk) now for a few days and not what I expected at all. The blooming is very obvious, especially on the upper and lower black bars watching a movie. Credits and even the visual volume setting create blooming.

Unfortunately I ordered from Very (good deal) so won’t be a simple return, it will be done under 14 days distance sale act.

I have just ordered a 65” QN95 from Samsung with student discount. I hope this performs much better! I thought they were the same TV apart from the inputs and one connect box, but after reading reviews I don’t believe so.

mikej

If you don't like blooming then you need an OLED, not another LCD !

drpope

Novice Member
I don’t expect perfect blacks, QLED will always be a compromise. I don’t expect the perfect blacks of an OLED, however the QN99 was on par with my gen 1 Q60.

Looking into it more I think they use different panels this side of the pond. This must be the way to justify the price jump to the 94/95 model. I thought it was just more hdmi 2.1 and maybe some fancy sound processing.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom