Qled vs Oled for banding issues?

Ahhhhelp

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have an LG 55sj810v and it has what I think are appalling faint grey lines(banding?) a bit like the old test signals.
I like to watch football and do quite a bit of gaming.
Currys have agreed to replace the tv or give a refund and it's been suggested to me that Samsung's Qled don't suffer from the banding issue.
I've been lurking in the background of this forum for a while trying to find out the best type of tv to go for but I'm just getting confused with all the terms being used etc, so thought I'd just ask the question.

Ps it's great to be here by the way and I'd be grateful for any help offered.

I have an LG 55sj810v and it has what I think are appalling faint grey lines(banding?) a bit like the old test signals.
Currys have agreed to replace the tv or give a refund and it's been suggested to me that Samsung's Qled don't suffer from the banding issue.
I've been lurking in the background of this forum for a while trying to find out the best type of tv to go for but I'm just getting confused with all the terms being used etc, so thought I'd just ask the question.

Ps it's great to be here by the way and I'd be grateful for any help offered.

55" Panny FZ Oled
Low lag, great motion for sport, sit back and enjoy. (best TV i've ever owned)

But....if that banding is a common characteristic of OLED panels (or even just LG OLED panels because Panasonic use them too) and the OP specifically wants to avoid it then wouldn't it be better to go Samsung?

Currys are pushing these at the moment in what is a borderline fraudulent promotion.
That is nothing new for either Currys or Samsung ( like the promoted “ demo” results on here that never happened! )

Its also ironic to me that Samsung are now doing their best to rubbish the OLED competition when a few short years ago they were deliberately misleading everyone into believing that this is what their sets actually were!

Qled have a very tight viewing angle, if thats going to be a problem in your viewing area then steer well clear.

QLED's can also get banding as far as I understand it.

Most of the major brands and models have owners threads on here.

Keep in mind that these represent a very small percentage of the owner base and that people tend to post only when they have issues.
Most buyers dont watch 5% slides, most buyers wouldnt know what that was.

No TV is perfect.
No TV tech is immune to any of the common faults.

All sets get burn in or IR if heavily abused.
All sets can have banding , and so on....

There is a Q9FN owners thread, a quick scan through this will show you its far from the bulletproof tech Samsung/ Currys would have you believe it is...

Samsung Q9FN QLED Owners and Discussion Thread

Thanks for the help, I have another question but will start another thread as it's not really connected to this one.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom