1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

QED wall mount sockets

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Tracey, Aug 27, 2003.

1. Tracey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Does anyone use wall mount sockets for their speakers? I'm thinking of ways to make my cabling as neat as possible and I'm considering using some of the QED WM11 wall mount sockets. As I understand it, the speaker cable is hidden either in the skirting or under the floor and the only cables that can be seen are the jumper leads that go from the wall socket to the speaker and the wall socket to the amp. Does that affect the performance of the speaker cable at all? I was just wondering whether the wall sockets are usually mounted in the skirting or just above, or if they are mounted directly behind the speaker, level with the terminals? I suppose near the floor would be a better option in case I change my stands or speakers in future.

sorry not sure if I should post this here or in the DIY section, but if anyone has any experience of using these I'd like to hear about it. My front L/R speakers will be bi-amped, I asume that doesn't cause any problems?