1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

QED-uk?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Bob Todd, Nov 19, 2002.

1. Bob Todd

Bob Todd
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +373
    Anyone done business with this lot before?

I have been waiting for 2 weeks for my Marantz sr4300.

they say they are waiting on the suppliers

2. Lucky Scotsman

Lucky Scotsman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just ordered a receiver and speakers from them on Sunday and was told by someone that they are quite good HERE
    I just phoned them today and found out that my receiver will have to be specially ordered and the speakers are expected in a current order. For the speakers, I could be waiting up to 14 days and no idea of how long the receiver will take.

The problem is that they have great prices and this can cause their stock to go quickly. A price to be paid for good prices. If I get the speakers before the receiver, I may end up changing my order, cos I am VERY impatient.

:mad:

Colin

3. vadonald

vadonald

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    QED-uk is a trading name of Miller Brothers (usually Miller Bros) who are based in Doncaster and have store nationwide. Check out Miller Bros own web site and you will see that is has a similar layout to the QED-uk site.

Basically, QED-uk carries a greater range than Miller Bros, in general they offer cheaper prices as you have seen, but many items are come directly from manufacturer (i.e. they don't hold stock). This is how they keep their costs down, so they are waiting on suppliers as they said - they always are.

You shouldn't have any problems getting your goods if thats what you are worrying about.

I don't work for either Miller Bros or QED, but my mate does, and he doesn't appreciate the fact QED usually offer better prices than he can get with staff discount at Miller Bros.

I use Millers like you may use Currys / Dixons / Comet etc - i.e. use them to see a product in the flesh, then find it cheaper on the net.

Cheers, Vince

4. calscot

calscot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered a receiver from QED about 2 years ago. They must have had them in stock as they promised me next day delivery (important as I was holding a party a couple of days later).

They delievered as promised with no problems.

Cheers.

5. Mitch2000

Mitch2000
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My friends and I have used QED a few times for all sorts of products and been very impressed with there service. I usually call them first to check that they have stock. The last couple times I ordered they delivered next day.

6. Bob Todd

Bob Todd
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +373
    still no marantz:(

F! QED, I shall go elsewhere.