Quantcast

QED SR75 lead

Count.d

I'm connecting my Sony 705 DVD player to my Panasonic 36PG50 TV with a QED scart AV4110.

Is the QED SR75 coax digital cable a bit of an overkill at £40?
Is it really any better than cheaper cables.

I'm extremely fussy when it comes to quality of products, but even I'm thinking this is a little over the top.

Count.d

32 views and one highly informative answer.

Either people on this forum are lazy or have no idea.

Forums are made from effort.

Count.d

It's a question like the one in my subject coupled with a lack of answers, that indicate that this forum is a waste of time.

Obviously, people here have very little idea how to set up a audio visual system.

Ricky27

i wouldnt expect much help with an attitude like that,but then again i have very little idea!!!!!:confused:

groundy

Standard Member
Originally posted by Count.d

Obviously, people here have very little idea how to set up a audio visual system.
I couldn't agree more, nobody here knows anything about AV, including myself :rolleyes: ;) :D.

Did I forget to mention I own one of those QED SR Cables? I even payed extra to have one custom made in a 1m length.

Count.d

My attitude is after the question, not before.

Groundy,

If you have one, you have answered my question.

P.S. The standard length is 1 m, how can you have one custom made?

Actually don't answer that.

Count.d

"I've always believed in buying decent mid-range cables. Most of what I own is by QED. However if I'm being truthful to myself, I can't say I've ever noticed the difference"

After reading your past posts, I eagerly await for your carefully thought opinion.

groundy

Standard Member
Checking up on me I see ;). Where did you see the cable in a standard 1m length. I could only find it in 3m or above?

Sometimes I think I can hear the difference, other times not. Build quality is obviously imprived over cheapo cables but I really just like the look of them and am swayed by the latest greatest thing.

gringottsdirect

If you have one, you have answered my question.
I have several Ixos and QED interconnects, that's why I stated for your purpose, yes it was overkill, and no it was not better than other cables for you.
Sorry if you needed a long winded screed, sorry again if you think the forum members here are lazy and have no idea.
Try www.home-entertaintment.co.uk
P.S. Take no notice of Groundy either, he's as thick as the rest of us :D .

groundy

Standard Member

Bapapapa

Standard Member
It's a question like the one in my subject coupled with a lack of answers, that indicate that this forum is a waste of time.

Aaahh.. Is that, like, reverse psychology..?

Very clever..

:rolleyes:

Anyway, you might get more answers if:

a) you'd posted this, is it a question? (no question mark in the header, so I'm not sure..) in the correct forum

&

b) lost the attitude..