Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

QED Sqart

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by thudspud, Mar 31, 2002.

1. thudspud

thudspud

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +130
    Hello

I am about to upgrade my DVD player from a PS2 :eek: to a Sony DVP-NS900B :)

I am also of thinking getting a QED Sqart to go with it as my brother has one and they seem to perform brilliantly.

I was just wondering if anybody knew if there was a 'significant' difference between the AV21xx (Fully Wired) and the AV41xx (Wired for RGB only) as I don't need any of the audio connections as they will be handled separately via Digital Coax but if there is no difference I might aswell get the AV21xx series to future proof myself.

Did that make sense?

Cheers

Chris

2. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The QED AV21 is fully wired, carries audio, S-Video and RGB etc.

The QED AV41 is just video (RGB) doesn't carry audio.

I went for the AV41 slightly better picture than the AV21 i was using, still had a tiny bit of noise on bright colours with the AV21, but when i connected the AV41 all noise was gone, it cleaned the picture right up.

cheers bob

3. bishman

bishman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +174
    I got an AV41 and find it an improvement over my old cable, can't remember the make though.