QED Silver Anniversary XT Bi-Wire Speaker Cable - Blue and Yellow?!

Amish

Standard Member
Being a n00b as it is, I am even more confused now.

Just got my speaker cabling today, and on looking at it, the wire ends seem to be yellow, blue, black, red (in that order).

From what I've read, I thought they would be 2 red and 2 black. Way to confuse a guy lol.

Is this how the cabling should be and if so, how the heck do you wire it now?

ezak

Novice Member
there should be signs/marks for polarity for positives and negatives on them regardless any bi-wire configuration (2to4 or 4to4)you've got mate so you shouldnt be worried. just follow those marks on the cable :smashin:

Amish

Standard Member
Thats what I thought bud but there's no marks on the cables oddly.

ezak

Novice Member
think i've got the same cable as yours and as far as i can see from my 4-4 config the '+' polarities are both on the outer part of the cable

mikeg1975

think i've got the same cable as yours and as far as i can see from my 4-4 config the '+' polarities are both on the outer part of the cable
Same here. I bought mine fully terminated and both positives are on the outside.

On closer inspection there are small blue + markings every 3 or 4 inches on one side of the outer cables.

All of them are the "same" so whichever "convention" you apply to one end just apply the same at the other.

Amish

Standard Member
So there are - cheers guys, didn't notice them. Poor eyes!

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom