QED Revelation owners, HELP!! Cable clip conundrums

Leigh.

Standard Member
Calling all QED Revelation owners!! I have searched the entire web and every DIY store imaginable in a bid to find cable clips of a suitable size (10.8mm x 5mm (actual cable dimensions) in order to fix my cable along a skirting board and around a door frame. & as yet NOWHERE stocks such a product!!!
How have the rest of you gotten around this problem or have any of you found any 11mm x 6mm cable clips?

I've even called QED themselves and they hadn't any idea atall how to get any or any idea to help, you the QED Revelation owners are my last hope, if anybody can, please HELP!!

AV COM

AVForums Sponsor
Possibly worth looking at the plumbing section for something this size if clips are a must? I take it that trunking isn't an option? Otherwise screw-down cable ties like these type might be a good option, but I wouldn't really say they're preferable when they're going to be clearly visible.

Leigh.

Standard Member
Hi John, thanks for your reply. I had thought about Trunking but the dimensions were a little complicated. Along one wall there will be 4 cables, each at the 10.8mm x 5mm, I hadn't seen anything that would sccomodate this (approx 5metres), then a 4m stretch with 3cables plus another 4m (4x1m) capable of housing the final cable to surround left.
Do you think Trunking is the way forward? Would you know of anywhere that would stock such varied sizes, preferably with adhesive abilities?

Many thanks in advance, your help is much appreciated!

AV COM

AVForums Sponsor
Should be able to pop those into some 25x16 standard white plastic stuff. 3m lengths are generally available, with caps to cover the joins, as well as right angles etc for corners. Try a local electrical wholesaler such as Wilts if your local DIY store doesn't have much of a selection. The thing with the adhesive stuff is I'd say it's really just sticky to hold it in place while you screw it to the wall. Rely on the adhesive solely and it's just a matter of time before it comes loose.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom