• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

QED Revelation+ Airloc's too big for Atacama Aurora 6 cable management!

Leigh.

Standard Member
Hi,

Just got a couple if sets of Atacama Aurora 6 stands and am trying to get the QED Revelation cable (terminated with Airlocs both ends). It seems that one Airloc fits inside the cable management central pole but not both. Has anybody tried the same pairing?
I would be very grateful of any tips or ideas on how to get the cables through or even to hear any alternative ideas if it's plain just not possible to get the cable through.

I must admit, seems a little irresponsible of Superfi's site to be recommending exactly this set up if it's simply incompatible!!

AV COM

AVForums Sponsor
Unfortunately I don't think that even by folding one end back so that the plugs are not side by side will work here. We normally recommend our Fisual Surefix banana plugs for use with these stands as the heatshrink covering instead of barrels allow them to fit through. Even smaller diameter cables such as Silver Anniversary XT would be a struggle to squeeze through with Airlocs. On some stands we'll offer a service where we thread the cable through and Airloc each end with the cable in place so it's permanent, but I don't think this would be an option with the Aurora's as you'd have to fit them through the top plate to assemble them. Unless Superfi know something we don't...

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom