Qed QX5CV Cable -Can i use it for digital audio

rocket23

Standard Member
Hi, i need to connect a sky hd box coaxial audio output to a pioneer Reveiver in another room. The cables were installed a few years ago and the only direct cable is Qed QX5CV, which contains 5 coaxial cables and 2 twisted pairs. The qed spec says the cables are 75 ohm so i thought i could use one terminated with rca plugs for the audio but i cant get an audio signal out. ive checked for shorts/ opens and have proved the system is set up correctly by connecting them with a length of rg59 coax just laid on the floor and everything works fine with it. Any suggestions please.

Thanks

cjwood555

How long is the run? SPDIF isn't really meany for anything longer than 15m, although may work over longer distances if you're lucky.

rocket23

Standard Member
Thanks, i estimate it might be close to 15 mtrs. So apart from the length are you saying this type of cable should be suitable . i cant think why it wouldnt be

Mario Nicholas

Try sending an analogue audio signal down the cable to test it's really okay from point A to b and get a music playback.
This is because I've seen a few houses where that type of cable is run via another location and this will 100% verify the cable integrity.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom