• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

QED QWIRE 4-4 Pin - bargain cable on Amazon (if genuine)

mistry

Hi all,

Thought I'd post this quick link for a QED Qwire cable for connection between camcorder & DVD recorder which is on sale at Amazon for £1.99 (£6.50 inc.p&p):
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000GJCTE0/026-0874827-9692408

I thought for £6.50 it might be worth a punt, if it's an original then it's happy days as they usually go for £25, if not then I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it. Will let everyone know once I've received it next week.

:thumbsup:

mistry

Rhubarbe,

Really wouldn't know, i wouldn't pay £25 myself, however, as i came across the cable via amazon i thought i'd just put a quick link in for anyone who may have been interested. I'm feeling in a genrous mood today but next time i'll keep to myself.

As i said, i don't know if its the genuine article or not, but for £6.50 it's a snip if their selling at £25 (even though that is too high a price to pay just for 4-4 pin cable).

rhubarbe

I see. Nobody's criticising you. But it would seem that the gold plated, solid silver 99.999999999999999999999999% OFC brigade are trying to have a go at Firewire leads.

Being as they are principally computer cables I thought that we were all perfectly happy with standard copper (all copper is oxygen free) wire at £1.99 a cable.

Rocky ride ahead, methinks.

senu

Distinguished Member
Pardon my ignorance, but why would anybody want to pay £25 for a 4-4 firewire lead?

Youd be amazed .The Sales talk from the Comet/Currys guys is all it takes to empty some folks pockets!

senu

Distinguished Member
What exactly is the claim then, for a £25 Firewire cable? Expect it'll be our old friend Mr Jitter again.
No "reliability"
Saying that, there are dodgy cables which look the part and send you scurrying to do a full diagnostic until you find out the wire was poorly made

The Belkin brand in PC World would go for such cost without any "shame" that a rip off is happening
The sales folk extend the benefits of better audio or video cabling whose virtues are well known in Hifi /AV circles to loosely ( and dishonestly) explain why you need that £25 firewire cable..:rolleyes:
They can often spot a potential "punter" a mile off though:eek:

RandomHajile

Pardon my ignorance, but why would anybody want to pay £25 for a 4-4 firewire lead?

it looks better the a standard grey/black lead

i have a firewire/ilink amp and three disc players that have i/link out put but i havent had the tiem to see if there is a difference with leads

senu

Distinguished Member
I agree that costly cables aren't always the great value they are made out to be but firewire cables do ( for some reasons) do fail to work sometimes and they are almost always the weakest link in a dodgy firewire conndtion
Certainly first thing to rule out
USB cables seem far more "robust" by and large ( even "Pound Shop" ones:) )

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom