1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

QED Qunex TTV - a good idea?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by blueshard, Jun 10, 2005.

1. blueshard

blueshard
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,
    Is QED Qunex TTV worth getting?

I was all set to shell out some dosh on this when it suddenly struck me that I was intending to attach a short length of relatively expensive cable (but with really nice-looking gold connectors! ;) ) onto the end of a 20m run of ordinary RF cable from the aerial to the wall socket. Which on reflection seemed pretty silly...

It occurred to me that an alternative would be to take off the wall socket, pull a couple of feet of coax out of the wall (which I can do), attach a decent plug to it and plug it straight into the back of my tuner. Probably with rather less signal loss and certainly cheaper.

So, am I missing something? Is the Qunex doing something else for me that makes it worth going down that route? :confused:

2. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    Using a decent cable is a good idea as you've already guessed. It doesn't necessarily have to be as expensive as the QED model though.

The best thing to do is get some decent CT100 cable and run it straight from the aerial into the back of your TV as you've also guessed. :)

3. blueshard

blueshard
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks ej2. I was thinking about upgrading the RF cable anyway but you've made it a no-brainer. 25m of CT100 now on order...

4. 9761

Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've got the WF100 cable from the loft going into my freeview box and some cheapo rf lead into my TV but I got a rubbish analog picture on my TV, sence I've got the QED RVR cable and attached that from my STB to the back of my TV I've got a very very good picture, Channel 5 and BBC2 have never looked better!

I say go for it!