QED Qunex HDMI-SR

DM 73

Established Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone is using this cable in there set up and can tell me there opinion on it:)
Thanks

Hello DM 73

I'm surprised you've not already received a barrage of 'they are all the same' messages :)

I believe the Qunex HDMI SR is HDMI 1.2 compliant up to 7m - after that QED don't seem to say exactly what it is or isn't!

Its a relatively expensive cable (SRP is 80.00 GBP for 1m) when you look at some of the alternatives and lots of folk will tell you that unless your running 1080p or require a long cable your wasting your money and a sub 20.00 GBP Molex will be just as good if you only require a short cable.

You can have a 1.2a Compliant BetterCables Silver Reference 1080p for approx half the cost of the QED cable - see http://www.bettercables.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=3 These cables are 1.2a compliant to 10m or 1.2a compliant to 40m in a New amplified format.

Best regards

Joe

Joe Fernand said:
I'm surprised you've not already received a barrage of 'they are all the same' messages :)

Perhaps the whole subject is getting a bit boring. Everything that can be said, has been said. No point repeating it everytime...

Perhaps we need an HDMI Cable FAQ as a sticky
Joe, you would be a great guy to write it... you know your onions and certainly have a balanced view.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom