QED P2110 Sqart - WOW

AVSPUTNIK

Standard Member
Reaction score
I got a QED P2110 Sqart yesterday, it was a replacement for a cheapo scart that i had been using between my Sky box and my Sony KLVL23M1 LCD. The picture was always a bit pixelly and didn't seem that sharp, but as soon as i plugged the QED in it was unbelieveable. It was so sharp, i can't recommend this scart cable enough if you have standard scarts replace them with one of these i guarantee you will notice a big difference. I am so pleased my Sony TV is even better now, even my wife is impressed and for her to get excited by a cable that is something!

I just ordered two from unbeatable.co.uk for £22.99 each, one for my Sky+ box and the other for DVD player. Hope they do a good job...

Voted +

Another happy P2110 scart user. Picture from Denon DVD player is silly now. What a difference from the cambrige audio scart and standard sony dvd that i had before. Waiting on another scart for my NTL box now.

Definatly recommended! :smashin:

Completely disagree.Bought a 2100 qed ,very well made cable but as for performance goes.Rubbish in my opinion.No notible difference between a ordinary gold plated number [£6.00]

silent ninja said:
I just ordered two from unbeatable.co.uk for £22.99 each, one for my Sky+ box and the other for DVD player. Hope they do a good job...

How'd you manage to get them at that price? Coming up as £25.99 for me... And out of stock :(

I had a p2110 squart, but it was faulty so I couldn't use it (along with everything else on the order) :(

Got me an av2150 instead and it's great :)

jtzi said:
How'd you manage to get them at that price? Coming up as £25.99 for me... And out of stock :(

I bought the P2105-- the 05 part means its 0.5 metres rather than 1metre (P2110). 0.5m is sufficient for me.

Just had them delivered today and to be honest so far, connected to my Sky+ box, i can barely see a difference. I got a Sony Wega, dont know what model but around 6 years old. The picture quality has always been sharp, clear and with vivid colours when set to RGB. I only got the new scarts after being suckered in by so many threads and articles recommending "high quality cables." The QED Sqart doesn't seem to deliver better picture quality so far (or maybe i'm blind), or even better sound.

But then again the real difference you'd expect to see on a dvd player rather than Sky. I havent yet tried it with my DVD player (Marantz DV4500). It already gives excellent video output compared to my old Cyberhome player, and delivers sound that blasts that ancient (1.5 yrs old) player out the water. So if the QED can make any improvement at all, I'll be well pleased.

I had my DVD player connected before using a cheapo RGB scart bought from ebay (between £5-£10 if i remember). It'll be interesting. There are lots of debates on this forum about cheapo scarts vs expensive (eg monster) scarts. So i'll do my own comparison of QED vs non-branded scart and see what happens. Of course there are limitations as my TV isn't exactly of the latest technology. I'm sure there will be a bigger difference on more recent TV's.

BTW, if you're after non-branded cables, i'd recommend cableuniverse.co.uk. Bought a few leads for my PC and they've been quality.

Another happy customer for the QED Sqart cable. The picture is now super-sharp and it has made a difference to the sound aswell. I purchased a P2105 which is a half metre length of scart to scart cable. I searched for ages to find the best price online:
The P2110 (1 metre) is only £25.99 at hificables.co.uk with free P&P.

The only problem that I have with my current set up between my Toshiba 28ZH47B and my SKY+ box is that I cannot plug the cable in without twisting it due to the scart sockets being a different way round on the appliances......never mind, can't have everything I suppose! :)

I've always been a cable sceptic, especially when Comet try to sell a £60 scart with a £30 DVD player so I can get the best PQ on my lads 14" portable!

Recently I bought a Tosh 26WL46 LCD and cables do make a noticable difference. So much that I was considering returning the tosh for a CRT as the PQ was poor.

Setup:
Humax 8000T (RGB out) ==> (RGB in) Pan DVDR E55 (RGB out) ==> (RGB in) 26WL46

I also have a direct SVHS via Scart from the Humax to the 26WL46 for casual digital viewing.

With budled / cheap scart leads watching anything looped through the DVD to the TV looked artificial and blocky. I originally though the DVDR was feeding a composite signal when set to loop through but now that I've replaced the cables with a set of IXOS at approx £30 each from Hifistore the difference has surprised even me.

I presume this is due to upscaling from broadcast resolution to 1366 x768 exagerating signal noise present in the signal as I can't see the same differences with a CRT.

I looked at the flat QED's but figured they might not fit behind the clip on panels as well as 90 deg cables.

D

AVSPUTNIK said:
I got a QED P2110 Sqart yesterday, it was a replacement for a cheapo scart that i had been using between my Sky box and my Sony KLVL23M1 LCD. The picture was always a bit pixelly and didn't seem that sharp, but as soon as i plugged the QED in it was unbelieveable. It was so sharp, i can't recommend this scart cable enough if you have standard scarts replace them with one of these i guarantee you will notice a big difference. I am so pleased my Sony TV is even better now, even my wife is impressed and for her to get excited by a cable that is something!

Yesterday, I got myself a couple of QED P2110 to replace 2 cheap cables. I inmediatelly noticed the difference. I must get another two now :D

I didn't buy all four of them because I wasn't too sure whether they would make any difference. If you have a cheap cable then go for one of this, I'm sure you will see the difference.

Salvador

I bought a QED P2110 off Empire for £16.61, i then got email saying it would be approx 2 week wait, i said fine then.

About 2 days later a QED AV2110 arrived (its a baaaad boy) I noticed a huge difference compared to my old cheapo scart!
I can't complain :thumbsup:

I got two more of these QED P21 scart leads, but this time I got the shorter ones - 0.5 meter and they are fantastic, they fit better than the 1.0 meter long. Does anybody want to exchange a QED P2105 for a QED P2110?:)

They cost about the same but for the way I have the bit and pieces put together I prefer the P2105.

Salvador

We have set up a special offer for AV Forum members ONLY. P2105 - £22.99, P2110 - £24.99, P2120 - £33.99 free postage within the UK. This offer can only be accessed by clicking here.

Filbert said:
We have set up a special offer for AV Forum members ONLY. P2105 - £22.99, P2110 - £24.99, P2120 - £33.99 free postage within the UK. This offer can only be accessed by clicking here.

Thanks for the offer.

I bought the P2105 for £19.99 in a local store - I think they have an offer of spend £25 or more and get free delivery!

I remember paying £23 or £24 for the P2110, again free delivery if you spend £25 or more....

Both times a bought two leads so I got free delivery.

I'm sure you can do a better "special offer for AV Forum members ONLY":D

Salvador

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom