1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

QED Micro 2 QED Silver

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by dinoprada2003, Aug 20, 2004.

1. dinoprada2003

dinoprada2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +243
    Hi,

My speakers are connected to my amp via QED micro.Now I want to upgrade my speaker cable to improve sound.I was thinking of QED Silver Aniversary as a good step up.However!,im on a tight budget and can only upgrade left right and centre now and the rears in the next couple of months.Before I go out and buy a load of cable I have a question that people on here might be able to help with an answer? :D

1.)If for the time being I connect Centre,Left,Right with QED silver(aniversary)
    and rears with QED(micro) Till I can afford to complete whole setup with QED silver,will this result in poor sound I.E worse than if it all was just QED micro?

2.)If above answer is no well with only left,centre,right connected with better cable will it then improve sound for those channels?

Thank's for all the newbie help :thumbsup:

DINO.

2. Duster

Duster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes :smashin:

QED Silver Anniversary is a much better cable.

I did the same as you, for my rear channels, going from QED Micro to QED Silver Anniversary , and it does sound much better.
    The only thing I will say is, if your AMP is lower end, you may not hear that much improvement.

3. dinoprada2003

dinoprada2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +243

Thank's Duster! sadly my amp is low-end crap sony strde495 still waiting for the cash to upgrade to a Denon AVR2803 hence why im hoping to change system cable to QED Silver :D