• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

QED HDMI Four Way Remote

TonyA

Hi all,

I wonder if some kind sole out there might be able to help me.

I bought a QED HDMI Four Way Switch Box about 18 months ago, and it comes with a (cheapo) little remote control for it.

This has been working fine until last week, when I noticed that it wasn't working. I've replaced the battery in it, and then noticed that the membrane on the number "1" had a crack around it, so can only imagine that this is causing the switch under "1" to short.

I've contacted the retailer who I bought the switch box from, but they have quoted me nearly £30 for the remote control alone (I might as well buy a new switch box!).

Personally I don't believe it to be worth more than a tenner. In fact I bought a similar remote on ebay for a digital camera and it cost me a quid (plus postage)!

So... Does anyone know where I can buy a CHEAP version of this remote, or does anyone know what the IR CODES are for it, so that I can buy a cheap universal remote, and program that with the codes?

Many thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom