Q950T + LG C9, How to get ATMOS from Netflix?

NorthStar1

Standard Member
Hey guys,

As of today, what is the best way to get Dolby Atmos from Netflix if I am running the app through my LG C9 TV?

My Samsung Q950T soundbar should arrive within 2 weeks and I want to be ready to enjoy Atmos movies immediately

Is it true that I will still need an Apple TV device or is there a way around it?

BeefS2

I have an LG e8 and get lossy atmos from the internal Netflix app. With the C9 probably best to keep eARC on set to passthrough. Streaming sites use DD+ for atmos (lossy) so eARC has more than enough bandwidth. ARC passes it just fine, but you should fix any lip sync issues with eARC.

What audio setup are you coming from? Would be interested in your take on the q950t. I have the q90r, it’s great, but I’m still curious about improvements

Last edited:

NorthStar1

Standard Member
I have an LG e8 and get lossy atmos from the internal Netflix app. With the C9 probably best to keep eARC on set to passthrough. Streaming sites use DD+ for atmos (lossy) so eARC has more than enough bandwidth. ARC passes it just fine, but you should fix any lip sync issues with eARC.

What audio setup are you coming from? Would be interested in your take on the q950t. I have the q90r, it’s great, but I’m still curious about improvements
Thanks! What a relief! I was under the impression that I will need an external device to be able to get Atmos after reading couple of threads online

My experience with the Q950T will definitely be impressive, since my current sound system is a stupid 2014 LG DVD Home Theater which doesn’t worth $40 on craigslist nowadays. It will be a huge jump!

Aryn86

In the advance options under ARC be sure to select "passthrough" the other options on my C9 were PCM and Auto both of which did not give me Atmos, this was when setting up my JBL Bar 9.1 which came last week.

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming To Amazon Prime Video in August 2020. Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom