Q950T Firmware Upgrade to 1019.5, PS5 issues.

hammerheadny

Novice Member
I own a Samsung Q90T with updated firmware. I purchased a Q950T soundbar. I am running my PlayStation 5, TiVo Bolt Vox and Amazon Fire 4K directly into the TV HDMI inputs. I have a properly rated eArc HDMI cable running from the TV to the sound bar. The only thing I have plugged in to the sound bar is my Chromecast Ultra.

1. I attempted to update to firmware 1019.5. the instructions on Samsung's page and on this forum, in my opinion are incorrect. You cannot update via the SmartThings app at this time. To update by USB you need to drill down into the zip file and copy file "upgrade.msd" an MSD file 516,779kb to a USB stick. Power down the soundbar and insert the USB stick. Power up the soundbar and the upgrade took about 5 minutes and it was confirmed in the smart things information profile.

2. I have a contact at Samsung who I went to law school with he spent all day yesterday trying to find the change list because she has access to high level technicians. She was unable to find any change list when updating 1019.5. I have scoured the internet and cannot find a change list. Does anyone have a change list or an opinion as to what has changed?

3. Does anyone have an opinion on the advantages and disadvantages of plugging my PlayStation 5 into a the HDMI port 4, which has HDMI 2.1 support, versus plugging into the sound bar, which I don't think supports HDMI 2.1 at this time. And I know for a fact there are no HDMI splitters capable of HDMI 2.1 at this time.

4. When I am watching a regular TV show like Pawn Stars on TiVo, which is plugged in to an HDMI port on the television, is it possible to get sound output from every speaker including the two rear wireless surround speakers and if so how do I do it?

5. When I am watching a Netflix movie which claims to be 4K Ultra HD HDR with Dolby Atmos or Dolby DTX how do I verify that's the sound put out actually is being outputted?

Many thanks for anyone having a look at this.

kavie87

1. I attempted to update to firmware 1019.5. the instructions on Samsung's page and on this forum, in my opinion are incorrect. You cannot update via the SmartThings app at this time. To update by USB you need to drill down into the zip file and copy file "upgrade.msd" an MSD file 516,779kb to a USB stick. Power down the soundbar and insert the USB stick. Power up the soundbar and the upgrade took about 5 minutes and it was confirmed in the smart things information profile.
Great. Updated then.

2. I have a contact at Samsung who I went to law school with he spent all day yesterday trying to find the change list because she has access to high level technicians. She was unable to find any change list when updating 1019.5. I have scoured the internet and cannot find a change list. Does anyone have a change list or an opinion as to what has changed?
LPCM via HDMI In. Some are saying it’s working eARC.

3. Does anyone have an opinion on the advantages and disadvantages of plugging my PlayStation 5 into a the HDMI port 4, which has HDMI 2.1 support, versus plugging into the sound bar, which I don't think supports HDMI 2.1 at this time. And I know for a fact there are no HDMI splitters capable of HDMI 2.1 at this time.
What’s more important to you with the PS5, Video or Audio? I would guess Video. With the PS5 always plug the PS5 into a HDMI 2.1 port which is most likely on your tv. Easy to change audio settings to either Dolby or DTS if LPCM isn’t working.

4. When I am watching a regular TV show like Pawn Stars on TiVo, which is plugged in to an HDMI port on the television, is it possible to get sound output from every speaker including the two rear wireless surround speakers and if so how do I do it?
Change the Sound mode to either Adaptive or Surround.

5. When I am watching a Netflix movie which claims to be 4K Ultra HD HDR with Dolby Atmos or Dolby DTX how do I verify that's the sound put out actually is being outputted?
It should scroll across the display Dolby Atmos or DTSX at the start of the playback.

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom