Q90T, BX or xh95?

SuperKubus

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'd like to get some recommendations from the more experienced/knowledgeable lot over here :D

I'm looking to buy a new 65 inch TV with my girlfriend, but I'm a very indecisive person. I'm going to use it mainly for Netflix, football matches in the weekend, and some Ps5 gaming.

Our budget is around 1000 euros, these are my options.
*Sony xh950 for 1075
*Samsung q90t for 1150
*Concede for 55inch and get a bx for around 1150.

Also I have the option of getting a q90t from an official dealer for 970, which supposedly was exchanged for a bigger size and had been in use for only 2 weeks.

I don't have a strong preference for a certain technology. I know they have their ups and downs. I'm not worried about burn in at all. What would you buy if in my shoes?

Thanks!

The LCD TVs on your list are 65" models? If so it makes much more sense to go for those than a 55".

You can see a comparison between the XH95 and Q90T here:

Basically the Sony is better for sport, the Samsung for gaming. For Netflix both will be very, very good.

The LCD TVs on your list are 65" models? If so it makes much more sense to go for those than a 55".

You can see a comparison between the XH95 and Q90T here:

Basically the Sony is better for sport, the Samsung for gaming. For Netflix both will be very, very good.
Thanks for your reply, and thanks by the way for all your extensive guides, really extremely useful.

How much of a difference will there be for sports? Is it going to be noticeable if you don't look for it? Because to me that 'refurbished' deal sounds quite good. What do you think?

Its mostly down to motion really, most Sony owners are happier with motion on their TVs than Samsung users. Then again, you may also be happy with the motion on the Samsung Q90T. Its very subjective.

Unfortunately its not the kind of thing you can know before owning the TV, so it would be a good idea to purchase from somewhere with a good return policy in case you are unhappy.

Thanks for the kind words, glad they have helped you!

Thanks for your reply, and thanks by the way for all your extensive guides, really extremely useful.

How much of a difference will there be for sports? Is it going to be noticeable if you don't look for it? Because to me that 'refurbished' deal sounds quite good. What do you think?
I would personally not go for the refurbished unit, as it is only saving about 10% and opens up too many potential issues. As @Dodgexander says above, key is to buy from somewhere with a good return policy, customer service and ideally warranty.

I would personally not go for the refurbished unit, as it is only saving about 10% and opens up too many potential issues. As @Dodgexander says above, key is to buy from somewhere with a good return policy, customer service and ideally warranty.
But it's not really refurbished, that why Im intriguiged. In NL it's a common practice by shops like MediaMarkt to offer 'a second chance' product. This particular unit was in use for 2 weeks and exchanhed for a bigger size. I get 30 days no hassle returns, and same 2 years warranty. Sounds like free 20% discount, right

Its mostly down to motion really, most Sony owners are happier with motion on their TVs than Samsung users. Then again, you may also be happy with the motion on the Samsung Q90T. Its very subjective.

Unfortunately its not the kind of thing you can know before owning the TV, so it would be a good idea to purchase from somewhere with a good return policy in case you are unhappy.

Thanks for the kind words, glad they have helped you!
Warranty and returns are really not a problem luckily. I felt the contrast was a little nicer on the Samsung demo unit. But it was hard to compare as they werent side by side.

My parents have the BX and especially at night it looks gorgeous. The 65 is out of my budget though, and the budget models, I think thats the OLED A line if I remember correctly, don't get any recommendations anywhere. So I guess that's not on the same level as the LCDs I mentioned, right?

The B series was always the budget line, but in 2021 they now released an A series which is even more budget. No HDMI 2.1 and only 60hz panels. Its also newly releases, so its likely overpriced for what it is.

The B series was always the budget line, but in 2021 they now released an A series which is even more budget. No HDMI 2.1 and only 60hz panels. Its also newly releases, so its likely overpriced for what it is.
Ok so that's a clear no no.

Could you lastly give me your view on that 'second chance' situation I described? Does that sound like a good deal? I feel like it's pretty risk free due to the 30 day return policy and 2 year warranty.

Yes, I don't personally have a problem with refurbs. Perhaps there is a higher chance you find something is wrong, but its worth the saving in my opinion.

Sony have a 5 year guarantee, right? If you're buying refurbed you lose that. Unless it's different in mainland Europe. If it is different and you're offered the same warranty, might as well get the cheaper TV if there's anything wrong with it you can return it within 14 days.

Sony have a 5 year guarantee, right? If you're buying refurbed you lose that. Unless it's different in mainland Europe. If it is different and you're offered the same warranty, might as well get the cheaper TV if there's anything wrong with it you can return it within 14 days.
The refurbed is the Samsung.

But honestly just walked into the store and think those LG oleds look so damn amazing. It's just that we're only 24 and not used to throwing away money like this on nice-to-haves. And my girlfriend just cares a little less about that stuff than I do 😅

I've owned a 65" 9505 and a 55" Sony A8 OLED (so a bit brighter than the BX). By far the most noticeable difference is the size! The extra brightness on the 9505 is noticeable on HDR viewing, so (while I'm not a gamer) I imagine it may look more impressive for some games. The blacks on the 9505 aren't as black as an OLED - only really noticable when watching content with letterboxes in a dark room. Both differences are nowhere near as prominent as the move from 55" to 65" - the 65 makes for a much nicer experience.

My guess would be the 9505 is better for some of your usage than the BX anyway. Any differences between the models you're looking at are likely to be outweighed by the advantages of a bigger screen, though!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom