Q90T ARC error message

bratdawg

Novice Member
Hi, I have a Q90T that is hooked to a Yamaha RX-V485 and all controlled by a Harmony remote. Everything seems to work fine, and switches between sources and the ARC works when viewing something through the TV. But I keep getting an error message when I first turn everything on that the audio source is connected to a port that does not support ARC. But the cable is indeed in port 3 on the TV which is designated as the one for ARC, and properly hooked up to the receiver! Any idea why, or how to correct it? The ARC does work so it's obviously hooked up right but the error message gets annoying as it pops up several times. TIA.

Jimmy99

Standard Member
I have a Q85T and that happened to me. I unplugged the optical cable and the audio stopped working, so the audio wasn't actually going by ARC, despite that being selected. I think the issue is with my AV receiver, but the optical connection seems to do the same job anyway

bratdawg

Novice Member
I have a Q85T and that happened to me. I unplugged the optical cable and the audio stopped working, so the audio wasn't actually going by ARC, despite that being selected. I think the issue is with my AV receiver, but the optical connection seems to do the same job anyway
Thanks, I had the optical cable working as well, but the ARC is working through the HDMI cable so disconnected the optical. It just keeps giving me the error message that it is connected to the wrong port that doesn't use ARC, but it is indeed connected to the right port (on this TV, number 3). The audio output is correct on the TV (set to HDMI) and is controlled by the receiver so the message is puzzling. It eventually goes away after popping up a few times, but would rather eliminate it if possible. Appreciate the input.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom