Quantcast

q88 a13 tablet with icecreamsandwich freezes upon startup

q88

Novice Member
it does not go past the two guys on the broomstick leaving the screen on the right handside. i can not see tablet contents when plugged into laptop.
there does not seem to be a reset button, or is there? but where?
how to wipe and reset this tablet so it can be used again?
it is only a few months old.
where can i find drivers

techquest

From a bit of research you need to press a combination of keys to enter the menu

Menu + Switch+ Volume Up

In System menu scroll to Wipe data / Factory Setting - use volume keys to to scroll up/down

Use the switch button to select

Don't interact with tablet during this process

The instructions on this were very poor so no promises. Let us know how you get on.

q88

Novice Member
Thank you for the advice. None of the button combinations do anything. There are only power button volume up and volume down button and it is mostly unresponsive. Only power on nd then it stops at the icecream men.

q88

Novice Member
Thank you for the advice. None of the button combinations do anything. There are only power button volume up and volume down button and it is mostly unresponsive. Only power on nd then it stops at the icecream men.

techquest

Then sadly as there seems to be nowhere to get absolute information on the product I think you are stuck with it being in whatever state it thinks it's in.

stevoknevo

Standard Member
There's a few options here https://www.askmefast.com/How_2_hard_reset_Allwinner_A13_Q88_7quot_Android_Tablet-qna6719534.html#q4086104

Most Android tablets take you to the recovery menu by holding power & volume up together when the device is turned off - to turn off from an unusable state press and hold the power button for approximately 20 seconds until it shuts down, then press and hold power & volume up at the same time and continue to hold until the recovery menu pops up, from there you can factory reset (make sure to remove SD cards etc and that the tablet has plenty of charge)
The link above also says that there is a reset button behind a tiny hole that a sim card removal tool or similar can access?