• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

q85r notifications

Voodoo22

Standard Member
hello

Q85r keeps flashing up useless notifications randomly at the stupidest times, such as in the middle of a movie. Example would be "we are ending support for frames" or some such, and, "network connected".

Is there a way to suppress these messages?

thanks
Mike

cuke2u

Distinguished Member
The one about ending news messaging support for ambient mode should go, I only had it twice. But the network connected is a bug if a wired network connection is used, most have found this doesn't happen if they use WiFi.....

Voodoo22

Standard Member
Yeah, but there should be a way to turn off notifications? I want a wired connection rather than wifi. Pretty noddy bug, wonder if an update will fix it.

Agent Noble

Established Member
Also hoping for a fix for this, I'm using ethernet connection to a Q85 and keep getting the pointless 'network connected' pop-up in the middle of movies, double annoying as the notification has to be manually cleared.

Just had a thought, wonder would extending the IP/DHCP lease time in the router settings stop it from appearing so often? Might try this.

cuke2u

Distinguished Member
There is a beta firmware you can apply for on the German samusung Community forum that does appear to resolve the issue, logging out of the smart hub can also reduce the number of times the message pops up. However I use WiFi and never had that message and never once have bandwidth issues either. As the nic ports of the tv tend to be only a maximum of 100Mbps the WiFi can actually be faster, not one I have tested though and everything can be limited by your Internet speeds anyway.

Last edited:

Voodoo22

Standard Member
wow i didnt realise the connect box only had a 100Mbps connection!! switched it back to wifi as its like 2.5x faster. How quaint of samsung to install such archaic NIC

cuke2u

Distinguished Member
Also hoping for a fix for this, I'm using ethernet connection to a Q85 and keep getting the pointless 'network connected' pop-up in the middle of movies, double annoying as the notification has to be manually cleared.

Just had a thought, wonder would extending the IP/DHCP lease time in the router settings stop it from appearing so often? Might try this.
None of which will probably work, I believe, the message is confusing as it appears to relate more to the smarthub. Samsung do suggest some setting changes to the network settings in the tv but this tends not to work either. Post #3229
Screenshot_20200820-112615_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom