Q800T or Q80R?

Stein67

I'm confused with what exactly is going on, probably deliberate with Samsung's naming policy!!

Am I right in saying the Q800T is a replacement for the Q70R?

If so is the Q80R a better performer than the Q800T?

Look forward to hearing your opinions.

BeefS2

I haven’t heard the q800t, but I would assume so. I have the q90r and it sounds great. The q900t should be this year’s successor to the q80r. If you can get a discounted q80r, I’d get that over the q800t for sure

Stein67

I have a brand new q800t sitting here, hopefully setup and try this afternoon. But as you say, I think a discounted Q80R would surely be the better buy......also, still thinking about the Q90R!!

BeefS2

I have a brand new q800t sitting here, hopefully setup and try this afternoon. But as you say, I think a discounted Q80R would surely be the better buy......also, still thinking about the Q90R!!
Are you in Europe? USA? For me the rears on the q90r make a big difference, rears in general add a lot. If you can get it on sale, its worth it too

Last edited:

NBrice

Yes go for the Q80R, it's got the side firing speakers which the Q800 is missing, also wider and with a better sub. Think both are £800 right now.

Stein67

Thanks folks......yes i'm in north of Ireland so generally purchase from UK companies.

I can get a:

Q70 refurb for £480
Q80 refurb for £630
Q90 new for £999

Any opinions........I like a good deal but I also like the best I can get, obviously that's the Q90R but is there one deal that stands out?

Stein67

Any experience with q800t?
Not yet mate, still have it boxed until I decide what to do. If I go for the XH9505 then I might look for a refurb Q80R but if I go for the Samsung deal then it's £400 off a TV if I re-buy the Q800T.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Home AV, TV, Tech News & Reviews, Plus The Best of July 2020
Top Bottom