Q80/85/90/95T game mode (next gen)

What settings is everyone using for the PS5 and the TV?

Looking to upgrade to a Samsung Q49Q85T as I believe it supports 4K @ 120hz but am unable to confirm this. Does anyone have any further info on this model ? Linking up with PS5 and replacing a 10 year old Samsung 40” tv. Thanks in advance.

Looking to upgrade to a Samsung Q49Q85T as I believe it supports 4K @ 120hz but am unable to confirm this. Does anyone have any further info on this model ? Linking up with PS5 and replacing a 10 year old Samsung 40” tv. Thanks in advance.

I'd delete this post and make a thread about it. Far more likely to get a response that way.

This is what VRR looks like when turned on in HDR mode on my QE55Q90T.

IMG_20201119_210651.jpg

And this is what it looks like off (Camera is picking up some shadows but picture is fine)

IMG_20201119_210724.jpg

49 doesn't do that. Sorry for the delay I didn't get a notification

Your panel looks a little dirty in it

No, they're scan lines, not the back light grid. Lots of black crush and a slight red tint. Something is off with Freesync when HDR is on this TV.

It does the same with Freesync @60hz on HDR, so 120hz isn't a factor.

I'm sending these pictures to my contacts at Samsung on Monday for them to look into.

I Dont know whats going on with my Q95T and my PS5, i've plugged it in and the TV fails recognize the ps5, it just comes up as games console, doesn't change to game mode automatically , also it wouldn't even display an image one time just stuck on the samsung input display rather than the Ps5 interface, had to turn tv off and reset, tried the Series X a few days earlier it all worked flawlessly, it recognized it was an xbox and swapped to game mode straight away.

Unfortunately I can't switch on game mode I keep getting "game mode is only available when the current source is connected to an external device" also I just tried the settings on The ps5 to enable Hdr and the ps5 is telling me the Q95t doesn't support hdr , or 4k!! something strange going on here

EDIT... Turns out was a dodgy hdmi cable, it's all working as it should now

Last edited:
Did anyone change their settings in the TV for it like warm2 etc for the hdr?

I changed mine to warm 1

Still having issues with the Q95T recognizing the PS5, the only way it works is if i turn off the TV leave for 10+ secs and turn back on , then it picks it up , annoying

Still having issues with the Q95T recognizing the PS5, the only way it works is if i turn off the TV leave for 10+ secs and turn back on , then it picks it up , annoying
Have you tried any other cables at all to see if that helps?

Have you tried any other cables at all to see if that helps?
Unfortunately not, its still the same, its not picking up my firestick now either , im having no luck with these one connect boxes

Unfortunately not, its still the same, its not picking up my firestick now either , im having no luck with these one connect boxes
Connect boxes?

Connect boxes?
Yeah the Q95t has the one connect box, all the inputs etc are on a breakout box not on the actual TV itself

Yeah the Q95t has the one connect box, all the inputs etc are on a breakout box not on the actual TV itself
no idea about that, id be inclined to test the cables directly into the tv or does it not have enough slots?

no idea about that, id be inclined to test the cables directly into the tv or does it not have enough slots?
This is the one connect box , it has all the connections on here so there is nothing on the TV , just the cable connecting the two together 👍, tidy for wall mounting etc ,

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201124-100246.png
    Screenshot_20201124-100246.png
    204.9 KB · Views: 102
This is the one connect box , it has all the connections on here so there is nothing on the TV , just the cable connecting the two together 👍, tidy for wall mounting etc ,
I mean that's going back to the old panels from when I was in my twenties.
Does the tv not have any hdmi sockets i wondered if it was worth testing them to rule out the box etc.

The TV itself has no other connections.

It just has a single (thin about 5mm thick) 5metre cable that contains power and fibre optic link carrying audio/video.

Its much better imo as we don't have to have 4 hdmi cables, optical, and power lead, etc all running up to the TV itself. Plus with the OCB located in your AV rack then all incoming leads from sources can be kept to a minimum length too.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom