Q60A Sound issue

Andydf

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,
This is my first post so please be gentle.

I recently bought a Q60A 50" TV. It's up and running and I'm happy with the picture (previous TV was a Samsung 720p so anything is an upgfade), however I can't seem to get the sound right.

The TV is mated up to an LG soundbar (LG LAS455H) connected with an HDMI cable. I know the soundbar is an older (6 years) model, but sounds better than the TV speakers.

Ok, so the issue is voices. When someone on the TV is far away, the voice is quiet, if they turn away from the screen while talking the voice goes quiet, if they're off the screen it quiet. You turn up the volume to hear them and get hit with a stupidly high volume of sound effect or music. Watching a film ends up in a game of volume up and down with the remote.
I know the TV comes with OTS lite, which I assume is the culprit, but how do I turn it off? Is OTS the actual culprit or or it something else? The Q60A sound options are limited and most of them get greyed out when external speakers are selected.

I've searched everywhere and can't seem to find an answer, everything seems to point to OTS, but I'm not 100% sure, just need to disable it and see if anything changes. It's getting to the point of trying to return it and get something else.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom