Q500 or Zensor 5

Reaction score
Hi all

Before I push the button any thoughts on this? I fancy white but there aren't any 500s left in white. I could go walnut for only 399! Seems a bargain , lowest for the zensor 5 is 549.

Have heard the zensors but not the kef. Used to have r300s and lived those

I can get a speaker 150 quid less than the dalis which were 150 more initially but wondered if anyone had done a comparison

Cheers all

Rdt

The Q500's were slightly better than the Zensor 5 speakers when I demoed both. According to my ears anyway....A bit more clarity and detail.

If money isn`t a problem, maybe you should wait little. It seems that every country is getting rid off those Q serie speakers. So the new line is coming next year. As the Q serie is quite old, i am looking forward what Kef has been developing in the background.

Edit. Don`t forget to demo the MA Bronze 5, it`s in your price range (489£) and it`s just updated. Also in white ash colour!

"...it looks
and sounds as if it should cost at least
£1,000. How do I know this? I have
a couple of well-respected £1k
floorstanders to hand and, in most
respects, the Bronze 5 more than
holds its own.
"

http://ca2.monitoraudiocdn.com/down...Audio_Bronze_Reprint.pdf?mtime=20150907150907

Last edited:
The KEF R300s are far better than both the Q500 and Zensor. Then there are the LS50s to consider as well. Why did you ditch the 300s?

Hi all. Yes I got rid of all my stuff , as an update I've ended up with 500s and 600c at the front with 100 rears and a BK XXLS400 sub. Sounds ace. The speakers are currently at ludicrous prices , for example I picked up the huge centre ex display for 219 (from 500). The q900 can be had new for 599 (from 1200) was too good to miss

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom