1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Q-Sync Active Sync Extractor OR JS Technology

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by GrahamT, Dec 13, 2004.

1. GrahamT

GrahamT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello. does anybody have any tips for which is the best for going into a MXE1 15 pin Sub-D from freeview using RGB.

JS technology make a "VGA to Plasma" adaptor + a vga lead @ £160 inc delivery and vat.
    and QED make and active sync extractor for about £150 inc everthing
    I am already using the component YUV for a dvd player. but I am informed that the implementation of the rca board means that the pc input will except an RBG signal.

Any light would be appreciated and if any of you dealers would like to sell me for the same or cheaper (then yes please) I am using composite at the mo, not to clever, but there is not lip syn issuies at all, just the picture is a bit contrasty and harsh.

2. TheCrow

TheCrow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Another alternative is Keene they do one for £94.99 inc VAT and VGA cable but delevery is £2.50 to £8 extra.

3. Tony8377

Tony8377

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Do a search on this forum for a thread titled 'dissapointing qed q-sync' as they didn't seem impressed compared to the JS Labs.

4. nobbydog

nobbydog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I tried the QED and the Keene converters side by side and neither impressed me on the Panny, in fact the pq compared to the Panny scart was slightly worse! I then opted for the JS box and it was definitely the right decision. Only slight issue is the vibrancy of colour with no colour adjustment in the set-up for the vga port. This may prove to be different with your display not being a Panny.