Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Q re BT ADSL. Someone help please

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by Messiah, Apr 30, 2003.

1. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +338
    Hi all

At last ADSL is coming to my exchange and I have an order booked for Mid May. The sales person informs me that the modem that will be supplied will be USB only (despite asking for an Ethernet version at time of placing order) and that I will now have to cancel the order (via e-mail) and then place another order.

However, someone from Linksys told me that BT's ADSL modems now had an ethernet connection as well so my question is has anyone had BT ADSL fitted recently and if so what connection/s are there on the ADSL modem? Does it have an ethernet connection saving me from cancelling and re-ordering or do I have to order the Line Only version and buy my own modem?

Thanks and sorry for posting here but felt this forum most likely to have the largest number of ADSL/BB users.

Cheers.

Neil