Q-Link problem with recording ....

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Seanjackdan, Sep 6, 2004.

1. Seanjackdan

Seanjackdan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a problem with Q-Link on Panny PE30 + DMR-E75

When I set up a Timer Recording (or record manually) on DMR-E75 everything is fine while the Plasma is turned on !!!

However, if I have the Plasma on Standby ( i.e: during the night, and recording through the night ) no picture or sound is recorded !!!!

Basically the Plasma has to be on for a recording to work, surely this can't be right - and I have been through all the different settings !!!!

Basically Q-Link is screwing things up, andI don't know how to disable it !!!

Any help......

Sean !!!!!!!!!

2. timeshock!

timeshock!

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a similar problem between my Panny idtv and DMR-e55, been on to Panasonic support and had two 'engineers out' but unsucessful. Panasonic said ignore manual and set up AV2 on tv to AV1 on recorder unfortunately AV1 on TV is the RGB input.I can sometimes record sound but no picture. Only way around it to make absolutely sure is to set the timer on both the TV and recorder. ignore q-link

3. steveho

steveho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    AV2 and AV4 are the two q-link scarts on the tv, i have my panny 95 on AV4,in the tv setup you have to decide which scart you want to output q-link

steve

4. timeshock!

timeshock!

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Steveho, How many scarts do you have on your TV? My manual definitely states AV1 scart on TV is RGB input from DVD recorder. AV2 is the other scart on the TV.
    With your set up can you use the tv guide to make a timer record and does it switch your DVD recorder to timer? Or alternatively can you just set the TV to timer record and let it take control of the DVD?