Q-Link help

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by nej, Feb 4, 2005.

1. nej

nej

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    All,

I have a Panny Viera 42" and recently bought an E55 to go with it, however I'm having problems (no doubt caused by my own lack of understanding) getting the Q-Link to work (specifically, downloading the channels). What happens is I do either an Auto-Setup or a Download on the E55 and it seems to fill all the channels with BBC1 (this *might* have been what was selected on the telewest box at the time).

I had the E55 on AV4 with the Viera Q-Link set to AV4 and the AV4 output set to DVB for freeview recordings.

What do I need to do to download the channels on the E55 correctly??! (A step-by-step guide on what to press on tv/dvdr would be much appreciated!)

The current connections are:

Pioneer DVD player/amp -> Viera AV1
    PS/2 -> Viera AV2
    PC -> Viera AV3 (VGA)
    Telewest -> AV2 on E55
    E55 AV1 -> Viera AV4

As a side note, the quality on the telewest seems to have dropped a lot since connecting it all up (everything everywhere is set to RGB and I'm using good scarts). Does it make much difference if the telewest -> E55 AV2 comes from the TV or VCR output on the telewest box?

I can record fine from telewest, by the way.

Lots of questions there - hope someone can help!