1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Q-Link download from Viera to DMRE55 - Problems

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by MarkF, May 2, 2005.

1. MarkF

MarkF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks,

Hope someone can advise on the little problem I have... :lease:

I have my Panasonic DMRE55 DVD Recorder connected to AV2 on my Viera and have configured AV2 for Q-Link and DVB (I cannot use AV4 as this has component connections to it from a SCHT520).

When trying to download the channels to the DMRE55 it appears to set-up the analogue channels but does not display any pictures or sound (I can check the channels are setup by entering manual tuning afterward).

My understanding is it should be possible to download DVB Q-Link data via AV2 to the DMRE55, but even so I would expect to at least see the pictures and hear the sound of the analogue channels that have been setup.

Other things to note are the ariel is connected to the plasma not passing through the DVD Recorder and the plasma had a new DVB board fitted as it was not picking up DVB signals (however all is OK now).

Am I missing something here? I am hoping to be able to record the freeview channels, but if the above won't work I think I will have to pass the ariel signal through the DVD recorder and forget Q-Link - and recording DVB - and just settle for recording analogue.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Cheers
    Mark

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    teh aV2 output can be set as Q-link or DVB/monitor? check this also check AV1 setting on E55..... ideally use AV4 componet and scart. Real shame they didnt include a second component input as AV4 is designed to link to DVDR machines using both Scart and component..Good idea unless you have multiple component devices...

3. MarkF

MarkF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the pointers Horny. I did not have the DMRE55 set to view AV1 :rolleyes:

I agree it would deffo be nice to have an extra set of comp inputs, and the difference that would have added to the cost of the unit would have been unnoticeable.

Given the excellent picture though I can forgive them the odd foible - just. :)

Cheers