Q?? Is audio editing any good on sony vegas movie studio platinum

Ned Senior

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:) I want to create some audio books but ordered vegas movie studio by mistake will have to pay postage to return it unless I can refuse delivery with courier (can one do so with post man???) My question is what is the audio editing like on movie studio?, Would I be better getting Sound Forge Studio 8 or even cakewalk music creator 3.
At this stage I have no need for midi just import of wav files via usb from Fostex MR8S multitracker and possibly other usb device later.

Many thanks for any enlightenment

PS I know I really need Adobe Audition but have you seen the price and Fleebay software is usually fake or full of viruses/spyware!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers Folks
Phil :)

Sound Forge Studio will do it, very well, but surely you don't need anything quite so elaborate ? Any software that records audio and let's you trim would be enough wouldn't it ? There's got to be something cheaper out there...

:) I want to create some audio books but ordered vegas movie studio by mistake will have to pay postage to return it unless I can refuse delivery with courier (can one do so with post man???) My question is what is the audio editing like on movie studio?, Would I be better getting Sound Forge Studio 8 or even cakewalk music creator 3.
At this stage I have no need for midi just import of wav files via usb from Fostex MR8S multitracker and possibly other usb device later.

Many thanks for any enlightenment

PS I know I really need Adobe Audition but have you seen the price and Fleebay software is usually fake or full of viruses/spyware!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers Folks
Phil :)

I work with a Talking Newspaper and we changed over to Adobe Audition 1.5
about 18 mths ago.We Recorders -as we are known- have found that this programme gives us a lot of problems such as Erratic Waveform( suddenly goes very fast or very slow) Waveform Changes colour to black and white when the Stop button is pressed,Also when the stop button is pressed that readout reverts back to an earlier time, and sometimes when the 'Record' button is pressed nothing happens . All in all we start each session with great trepidation. Anyone else with experience of Adobe Audition 1.5?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom