1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Q for Relisys RLT1720 Owners

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by MarkHudds, Nov 20, 2003.

1. MarkHudds

MarkHudds

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi

Just purchased the above LCD set and I have a query regarding the info display at the top right showing which input the set is in - TV/PC/AV1/AV2 ...

For inputs other than TV I've found that the display stays on all the time unless you press 'display' on the remote control. I would of expected this to clear after a few seconds like any normal TV?

As I want the set to show AV1 all the time (Sky+ svideo input), I'm having to press 'display' on every switch on to get rid of it!

I'd appreciate any feedback from other owners out there (I know there's quite a few around on here!). Please advise if this is normal, and if so, is there any workarounds?

Also, I'd be interested in what settings you use for video adjustments - brightness, picture etc ...

Thanks!

2. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    Yep I noticed this.. seems to be something to do with the signal then locking the display.. I have to admit I only really use the s-video/component so I do not change very often..(you can also clear it by hitting the menu button on the TV.. when you get rid of the menu it goes as well..

As to settings.. I'll have to check (I used one of the thx setup things on a THX dvd.. but I did have the sharpness setting just under max so it was well defined but not blurry).

I presume the AV1 is stuck everytime you turn it on? I cannot remember exactly but when I was playing around with it it seems that if my GC is one first before the TV then the display goes.. if the LCD is on before the GC is turned on then the display gets stuck (or vice-versa...I'll have to go and check again!)

Matt