Q. for anyone with tosh xs32 and ntl pace 4001

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by happychap, Dec 21, 2004.

1. happychap

happychap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What on earth is the 4-digit code to control the box? Tosh don't seem to know, and NTL don't answer the phone...

Any of you lovely people stumbled across a working 4-digit code for this?

2. AVFan7667

AVFan7667
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure if this is applicable in your case (haven't read enough of the site) but to work with my Telewest Pace box I had to buy a Red-Eye.

The STB uses a different type of infra-red so the Tosh (and other multi-remotes) cannot control it.

http://www.redremote.co.uk/index.html

The new ones on sale have a special Toshiba XS32 mode.

3. jom

jom
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You don;t need the redeye for the 4001. The code is 0042
    http://www.redremote.co.uk/xs32.html
    Don't get excited though, the tosh doesn't seem to get the timings right and the channel numbers never come out the way you want.

4. happychap

happychap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I tried 0042 - no response at all. However, it could be working but I haven't got it setup right. Can eany explain it to me.

My problem is the manual only really gives tuning in the main 5 terrestrial channels, but not a cable/satellite box.

This is what I've done to test the IR (trying to read between the lines of the manual) - can someone point me in the right direction if it's wrong.

Right - the cable box outputs to 52, and on NTL, BBC1 is channel 101

I go to the manual tuner, and enter the following details and save:

Position: 1
    Home CH: 52
    Station: BBC1
    Guide Channel: 101
    Skip: off
    MFT: 0

No joy, absolutely no response from the box. I've even tried the IR blaster that came with the Tosh with an archos portable that does the same thing, and the IR blaster works fine with that...

Am I on the right track with the above, or have I misunderstood the manual completely?

otherwise, any suggestions?

5. happychap

happychap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, I sort of got this working, but to be honest, the IR doesn't blast too well. You set the timer to, say, channel 101, sometimes it works, and sometimes it emits the equivalent of 11011 - the box just uses the first 3, so I get channel 110, for example!

not too good... :)

Anyone know what boxes ntl are using at the moment for upgrading/replacing digital TV?