1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Q for all 42pw23 owners - Pixelation?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by sjewson, Nov 12, 2003.

1. sjewson

sjewson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got new Tosh 42pw23 its three days old love the picture but have noticed a couple of things that i need advice on.

1. Watched "The Others", the scene where Nicole Kidman meets her husband in the forest introduces a seriously amount of pixelation when the fog transends. Forgive me if pixelation is the wrong terminology, by pixelation i mean that the screen basically makes the fog look like blocks of colour that is easily picked out jagged edges.

2. top right corner of screen seems darker than the rest of screen.

the only changes i've made so far is dropping the brightness to 50, color and contrast to 33.

Havnt done convergence yet was waiting for a few weeks before adjusting. Any help muchly appreciated

Regards

2. Demon

Demon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    1. This is your DVD player.. Unfortunately blowing up the image to this size does show artefacts in the picture. The PW23 is a 50Hz non digitally processed set.. so I am confident it isn't the TV..

2. If one corner is noticeably darker if you are sat square with the screen, and at least 8 feet away, then it may be something internal, like some dirt etc on one of the lenses.. There are some viewing angle considerations which can cause a corner to appear darker then the others, but you would have to be sat too close, and off to one side for this to occur..

3. sjewson

sjewson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for your prompt reply.

My fault, i should of said i was watching the movie through scart 1 via sky digital with a Thor scart lead. i've noticed the pixelation on a few other movies as well.

Any other ideas? is it a setup problem. i'm unsure how to setup convergence via the grid?

4. silverpenguin

silverpenguin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You sure its not just skys picture? It can be very pixellated sometimes but on small screens you dont see it, so when you get a nice decent screen it becomes more obvious.