Q: Best 4k tv on eBay for £450 or less

Fredator

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I've been looking through here over the last few days trying to glean some info on a handful of tv's in my budget, and with a 10% ebay offer currently on until midnight on the 28th I figured now is the time to buy! I'm currently using a Sony KDL-46NX713 3d tv but we never use the 3d..

I'm looking at a selection of 50"/55" tv's but am completely new to the 4k market, and am after some guidance if possible. I'm quite constrained by budget, so am looking at listed prices of £450 maximum.

In this range are various sets: UE50NU7400, UE55NU7100, UE55NU7300, and a handful of other non-samsung's - Philips 55PUS6523 6500, PHILIPS 55PUS6503/12, Sharp LC-55CUF8462E, & an LG 50uk6750pld.

I think I'm right in saying that the Samsung's don't support Dolby Vision? I'll be getting a 4k blu ray player at some stage too, but for now I can slum it with my 3d sony.

So yes, I'd like to ask for some help in choosing the best one from this list! Any assistance welcome!

This same query is in the Samsung area, but I thought I may get more views here - sorry for the double post!

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
You're getting very little HDR ability at this price so HDR format support isn't something to worry about. Most of the ones you've listed don't even have a wider colour gamut which tends to be the cheapest HDR-specific hardware.

Where are you unhappy with your current TV, or are you primarily upgrading for the larger size?

It's more an upgrade to 4k from HD that interests me. We watch a lot of tv, and now I have sorted out super duper fibre capable of 4k viewing from Netflix and Amazon etc, I'd like to take advantage of the extra speed to improve the viewing experience.
As for the limited hdr capabilities of the listed sets I think a few of them list wcg on their speed sheets, and most if not all list hdr10+. I understand that they may not have the ability to pump up the brightness to show hdr's true glory, but surely some hdr is better than none? I'm not expecting Dolby vision at the price but I'll double check tomorrow!

Well i've gone and bought the larger model Samsung - UE55NU7400 - for £374.39. I figured at that price I can't really go wrong!

Ten percent off on eBay on a new returned unit.
'Professionally Refurbished Grade A
These units are customer cancelled order returns which will have had very little use.' So yeah pretty chuffed! Missed the delivery today as it happens.. Not sure it'll fit in my Yaris if I try picking it up. It probably arrived and the customer said 'tooooooo big!'.
SAMSUNG UE55NU7400UXXU 55 Inch 4K UHD HDR Smart TV 8801643179250 | eBay

Ten percent off on eBay on a new returned unit.
'Professionally Refurbished Grade A
These units are customer cancelled order returns which will have had very little use.' So yeah pretty chuffed! Missed the delivery today as it happens.. Not sure it'll fit in my Yaris if I try picking it up. It probably arrived and the customer said 'tooooooo big!'.
SAMSUNG UE55NU7400UXXU 55 Inch 4K UHD HDR Smart TV 8801643179250 | eBay
Ha best of luck! I just ordered the same model from JL and hoping to get some price matched over easter. Had a backup price match done before I placed the order at £479. Can't beat the deal you got!

Well i've gone and bought the larger model Samsung - UE55NU7400 - for £374.39. I figured at that price I can't really go wrong!
That's a steal :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom