• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Q-AV rear speaker positioning

RitchieB

Standard Member
Hi

I'm intertested in buying Q Acoustics Q-AV but i'm not in a position to hear a demo as there are no Hi-Fi shops nearby.

I was wondering about the positioning of the rear speakers. If i place the rears on the skirting board then they will be positioned approx 1 foot from my Sofa. Would i still receive a proper sound with this setup

Thanks

Andrew K

Banned
Positioning on the skirting board will still result in an upward angle for the speaker so you should be ok. They are designed with skirting boards in mind but in my personal opinion they are better higher up near the ceiling. They are very flexible speakers for positioning due to the technology they use.

Andrew K

Banned
Thanks for the prompt reply. You said they'd sound better 'higher up near the ceiling'. Would they be okay on speaker stands approx 3 foot off the ground??
To be honest I don't think they would look right on speaker stands. They will be fine on the floor if you don't want to put them higher up. Alternatively attach them to the wall. When you get them you will see from the shape the best way of positioning them.

Also, is this your website?Home page - Quantum Electronics (UK) Limited

And if so, do you deliver to the republic of Ireland?
Yes and yes. For the Q-AV system itself delivery to Ireland shouldn't be a problem. If you want the Table Stand that may be an issue becuase of the 33kg weight. Let me know by pm or email what you are looking at overall and I can check out the shipping side.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom