Q: Audio options for LCD TVs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DinoDinelli

Hi all,

I've just bought a Samsung 46" LE46A656 and to be honest, the sound output is a tad flat and uninspiring, so I am now looking for audio options.

I hope there are some, but I truly have no idea, it's been that long since I bought a new TV.

I guess what I'm really expecting is that there's the equivalent of an "audio amp", similar to the kind you buy for audio separates : wire everything into the amp, then the amp into the speakers.

What options are available?

I can see Samsung do a "HT" range, but that appears to be based around a DVD player. Will that accept audio inputs from TV/Sky/PVR/Media center?

They also do an AV range (albeit only a couple of models) which seem to be a tuner + amp, but was wondering the extent to which audio could be re-routed as they appear to only have one or two audio inputs.

Please, any help would be greatly appreciated for someone who suddenly feels very much out of his depth in a brave new digital world :p

what your after is an AV amp, that will have all the inputs for connecting dvd players, sky boxes...etc. most new models will also accept and output via HDMI and the latest audio standards, I use an Onkyo amp to do what you describe, there are other makes but you would be better off asking in the integrated amps forum.

Curly

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom