Q Acoutics 1000 vs Wharfdale Diamond 9.1

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Empress Ci Xi, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Empress Ci Xi

Empress Ci Xi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wow, deciding on a pair of speakers is becoming increasingly difficult, made more so by todays visit to my local hi-fi store!

Upon asking a staff member about the going rate of the Q Acoustic 1000 series, he immediately questioned my decision, and promtly recommended me the Wharfdale (Diamond 9.1 series I think?) set instead. I got to the store late and therefore could not demo them, but he welcomed me to return anytime to give both sets a spin.

Now I know how important it is to demo stuff before purchase, but i also believe that it is very hard to get comprehensive results under such conditions, and there are many factors that cannot be decerned in such haste, hence why I'm calling on you experts!!! :D

Please note that my main concern is music above movies, but require a 5.1 set up for gaming purposes. Thanks in advance!

2. Cable Monkey

Cable Monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +205
    I am not sure why he would suggest one over rather than set up a comparison to allow you decide? He may have sensed an immediate sale and suggested what they had in stock. Audition and see what you think. My instinct tells me the Q's should win but it still comes down to personal taste.:)