Q Acoustics Q7000.1 Review

Hi how do you comprare this Q7000.1 with the mass pack, but only speakers, since i already have other sub.

Best Regards

How do these compare to MA Apex range? Or even the Mass speakers?

would love to know Q7000i vs MASS ! obviously the ratings speak for themselves 9 vs 7 !
But is the difference worth selling my mass and get these ?

Anybody have the stands for these. I have two of the stands but haven't used them in a while - now I can't figure out how to fix them now I want to used them again! Anyone have a scan f the instructions?

Anybody have the stands for these. I have two of the stands but haven't used them in a while - now I can't figure out how to fix them now I want to used them again! Anyone have a scan f the instructions?

Hi, I have a copy of the pdf I can send you. I've tried attaching here but have been unable to. Want to give me your email address so I can send it?

Hi, I have a copy of the pdf I can send you. I've tried attaching here but have been unable to. Want to give me your email address so I can send it?
Thank the QAcoustic support people sent me it. Unfortunately the plastic at the top of speaker stand doesn’t seem to hold the speaker no matter what I do.

There should be an allen bolt to hold it in place. The plastic on its own is just a piece of trim.

IIRC it's the same bolt, but longer, that is used for the normal stands to attach them to the base.

The bit where the bolt attaches the plastic at the top of the stand appears to have cracked so it won’t tighten any more. The one at the front which holds the speaker unit in place just turns and turns and doesn’t tighten. Thanks for your help though. I’ve decided to just site the left surround on my desk instead.

too bad this topic is not as rich as other "speaker topics" seems the Q7000i do not interest forum members.

@Ed Selley or @Phil Hinton or @dante01

Do the Qacoustic speakers match tone nicely with yamaha aventage receivers ? my guess would be yes, as the avr is considered "NEUTRAL".

also is there any member @Sloppy Bob or @ruffian2205 that compared these with the MASS speakers. I plan on selling my MA and get these....in 6 months or so

Last edited:
I did compare them with the First Gen MASS speakers, not the ones you can buy now which are far smaller.

I thought the Q7000i was more musical and just had a bigger sound. There are reviews on the site for them if you hadn't seen them.

The newer MASS speakers don't seem to be as well-received as the First Gen from reading around on here and a few other foums. Again, they're considerably smaller and that's obviously going to make a difference.

However, I'm not sure if I'd sell my First Gen MASS to get these. It's not a massive upgrade.

If I was looking to upgrade it would be to larger speakers such as MA Bronze or QAcoustics Q3000 series.

too bad this topic is not as rich as other "speaker topics" seems the Q7000i do not interest forum member.

@Ed Selley or @Phil Hinton or @dante01

Do the Qacoustic speakers match tone nicely with yamaha aventage receivers ? my guess would be yess, as the avr is considered "NEUTRAL".

also is there any member @Sloppy Bob or @ruffian2205 that compared these with the MASS speakers. I plan on selling my MA and get these....in 6 months or so

Yamaha AV receivers ordinarilly have a reputation for having an audio signature that is biased towrds the upper frequencies, not bright, but not warm or neutral either.

You shouldn't have any issues partnering any of Q Acoustics speakers with any of Yamaha's receivers. QA speakers tend to be relatively neutral. They'd be a bit warmer to listen to than the Monotor Audio Mass speakers and Monitor Audio speakers tend to be more clinical.

The speakers tend to be the element that determines the overall sound of a setup more than the device powering them. The audio signature of the speakers should ideally be in tune with your own listening likes and preferences.

Last edited:
@Sloppy Bob
I knew of the reviews..that is why I asked those questions:)
Am very aware the upgrade is not that big. But in this case a little better is fine by me...as I don't have space..
And yes I wanted an answer compared to mass gen 1 speakers. That are better than gen2 obviously...

@dante01 thanks for the input like usual

If you want a more noticeable upgrade I'd switch your AVR and add some Atmos channels.

If you want a more noticeable upgrade I'd switch your AVR and add some Atmos channels.

that is also part of the next upgrade :)

on a side note @dante01 and @Sloppy Bob

recently i tested 2 tracks from "nier automata OST"

1) 192kbps MP3
2) LOSSLESS 48/24-bit FLAC

i cound not hear a difference....i tested for about 10mn going back and forth....so

is that "normal" ? or is it simply because my gear sucks ? 450$ AVR (at the time) and my MASS g1 speakers ?

do i need 1000+ speakers or TOWER ones ?
do i need a 1000 euro AVR ?

For music you're much better off with a stereo amp or spending a fortune on something like an Arcam.

You'd also need a significant speaker upgrade as well.

my music use is 5% (70% movies & 25% games) so stereo amp is not worth it...

so basically with sub 1000 euro speakers or a "normal" AVR hearing no difference between FLAC and MP3 is normal then ?

A cheaper alternative is some of these.

Qtips-300x187.jpeg

:p

I'm far from a music buff, I'm hard of hearing so don't spend a huge amount of time listening to music anymore and I certainly don't appreciate audiophile equipment so I'll leave than one for others.

I see @Sloppy Bob on any case q7000i will certainly be an upgrade from my mass anyway for music; that is satisfactory enough for me
Cheers!

If anyone else has these speakers please post your review-impressions...theis topic should be useful to other

Honestly.

I think you're over-egging them a bit.

They'll be a little bit better but I wouldn't spend the money on that kind of an upgrade. It would be like going from a 49" TV to a 50" TV. It's a small, incremental difference.

@Sloppy Bob

I agree. Q3010i are better than q7000i that is sure...but there are quite big...and MA apex are too expensive even 10 years after launching...
I still have a few months to think this over

Last edited:
@Sloppy Bob

I agree. Q3010i are better than q7000i that is sure...but there are quite big...and MA apes are too expensive even 10 years after launching...
I still have a few months to think this over

There is Apex A40 + 2pairs of A10s and stands on classified. I don´t think you will find anything as good for same money as new. Sure you need better receiver, but most people are not lucky to buy everything right away. Build slowly and you end up with something really good. Receivers come and go as every frickin year there is new model, but good speakers you can keep +10years.

@Sloppy Bob or @Gasp3621 @prabbhopal @Ed Selley

quick question

trustedreviews.com mentions "Small, fiddly cable terminals" does that mean i can't use them with 2.5mm² speaker cables ? somewhat needs 1.5mm² ? :confused:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom