Q Acoustics Concept 5.0 Speaker Package Review - review discussion

Thinking of going to these speakers are they worth the extra over the new 3000 series. As they use the drivers from the 2000i series

A good sub brings the price of these a couple of hundred shy of the likes of Monitor Audio rs6 av or Kefs R100 series (both with subs) or for £1500 you can buy a complete M.A Bronze 5.1 set, which seem to be really nice built quality speakers.

6 years since the last comments... QA has a new product 3000 range with floorstanding 3050i and the bookshelf 3030i and they have finally a better sub, the Q B12. However in all tests the Concept 40 is superior to the youger and even slightly more expensive 3050i, same for the Concept 20 vs 3030i.

In fact i was not so sure about the central unit as in between there is a newer center Concept 90, which is a fit for the Concept 20 + Concept 40 formation, but it's 4 times more expensive and after reading this review i decided to go with the original Concept Center Channel Speaker. The only "intruder" at thi Quallity Acoustic party is a SVS SB-1000 Pro sub. It is by far superior to the proposed QA Q B12, which is a significant progress but it still lacks the level of confidence aginst the competitors which is characteristic to all Concepts.

Thanks for this article, in fact i was almost going to take a radical decision and replace the above setup with a Kef T 305 :) BUt i don't have any space restrictions at home, so based on your recommendation i will upgrade my Yamaha RX V385 by bringing this great set of speakers and in the next phase i'm planning to fuel them with an Onkyo TX-NR696. The trick here is to verify if the announced "Atmos from regular speakers" is true or not.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom